LegacyGT.com

A4 project car on Speed Streettuner challenge

So I was watching this show on Speed last night; I think it was called Streettuner challenge. Their latest project car is an A4 with the 1.8T. They had set a goal of 350 hp, I'm assuming at the crank since they didn't say. Anyway, I was just curious if that's even possible? They claimed they wanted to make RELIABLE power.:confused: Does anyone believe that much of an increase is possible/reliable? Is the bottom end that strong it can withstand doubling stock power levels?

It's funny to me how most of the A4 drivers out here seem to think their car is wicked fast; must be an O.C. thing :lol:
Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

I saw that show back when i had an audi and there were tons of stories about it on audiworld (lgt for a4's) My favorite part was when jack was getting all defensive and said "I dont want this kid to crash this car so we cant give him too much power".... minutes later they're putting a 10 times bigger turbo in. Now heres the kicker... remember how they took it to the auto show? Supposedly they couldn't get it to start. I loved the crowds reaction to how big of a queer the owner was. Popped collar and everything.

I saw that show back when i had an audi and there were tons of stories about it on audiworld (lgt for a4's) My favorite part was when jack was getting all defensive and said "I dont want this kid to crash this car so we cant give him too much power".... minutes later they're putting a 10 times bigger turbo in. Now heres the kicker... remember how they took it to the auto show? Supposedly they couldn't get it to start. I loved the crowds reaction to how big of a queer the owner was. Popped collar and everything.

Well the show was the first in a series it looks like and the project car is going to get stretched out across many episodes. The one I saw appeared to be the first one on the A4.

I really don't see this thing as being reliable with that much of a power bump, and can anyone say oxymoron..... Audi!=reliable :icon_lol:

the majority of audis are crap power wise

i dyno thme daily

the KK family of turbos suck plain and simple

EVERY Vw owner/ Audi owner is dissapointed when they come here

so far i have dynoed 3 yes THREEE audi s that ahve ever impressed me

1. FWD TT with APR stage3 and a TON of upgrades

FMIC , GT series turbo (makes the biggest difference)

2 a 1991 audi 200 with RS2 software and a big T3/04 E turbo

3. the RS6 i did 2 weeks ago down pipes and his old chip (stock exhaust chip)

500 ftlbs and 434 whp (ATWHEELS)

Audo people always quote crank even though that is the most INFLATED # ever

because they have such shitty results.

And before the S4 owners chime in

they are a joke on the dyno too

Audi "chips" consist of a Programmed boost spike and semi adequate fueling to compensate.

-jon

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

the majority of audis are crap power wise

i dyno thme daily

the KK family of turbos suck plain and simple

EVERY Vw owner/ Audi owner is dissapointed when they come here

so far i have dynoed 3 yes THREEE audi s that ahve ever impressed me

1. FWD TT with APR stage3 and a TON of upgrades

FMIC , GT series turbo (makes the biggest difference)

2 a 1991 audi 200 with RS2 software and a big T3/04 E turbo

3. the RS6 i did 2 weeks ago down pipes and his old chip (stock exhaust chip)

500 ftlbs and 434 whp (ATWHEELS)

Audo people always quote crank even though that is the most INFLATED # ever

because they have such shitty results.

And before the S4 owners chime in

they are a joke on the dyno too

Audi "chips" consist of a Programmed boost spike and semi adequate fueling to compensate.

-jon

Come on Jon ...don't hold back tell us what you really think of 'em :icon_eek::lol::icon_tong.

Come on Jon ...don't hold back tell us what you really think of 'em :icon_eek::lol::icon_tong.

i though i did?

LOL

any who im gonna be tuning VW chips soon too

w00t

those guys will pay thru the ass for a REAL tune

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Archived