LegacyGT.com

Subaru OEM Plug-n-Play Bluetooth Phone Module!

Bicster

Hey, check this out... You could pick up a cheaper bluetooth car kit and intergrate it with your factory radio using these.... Anyone know of any fairly inexpensive bluetooth car kits?

Factory Radio Adaptors:

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Telemuting_kits/subaru.htm

Here are bluetooth car kits:

http://www.expansys.com/other.asp?cat=CARKI

Only problem is that it won't display in the radio, and you'll have an external display for the phone.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh, I have a bluetooth earpeice receiver for my phone, I like factory integration personally, I'd pay the price for the bluetooth unit if it works, I'm just sayin it is kind of steep a price right now.

but.. I still got a few bucks I can throw at this if someone wants to be a lab rat ;) from reading the manual over and over and over again.. it seems to me there is no reason this wouldn't work in our cars. I imagine the radio is probablly even the same part # in the car in the picture than the one we use.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

OMG! that would rock!!!! someone, please be the guinea pig and see if it works. if so, maybe somone can do a group buy??

I have offered to be the guinea pig and buy the unit, but I've yet to receive any information on how to actually order it.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I have offered to be the guinea pig and buy the unit, but I've yet to receive any information on how to actually order it.

Same here... still haven't had anyone tell me how to order the damn thing. Cheams site doesn't have this listed.

I am willing to be the gunipig... I would loving having this in my car. Get a final price for me and where I can order it! Thanks!

jimchilds@cheammotors.demon.co.uk to order. Someone (maybe me) can set up a group purchase once it's known whether it works or not. Since I plan to install an aftermarket headunit with bluetooth, I won't be getting one.

I don't get what the big draw is to this one...

You can get a much better aftermarket kit for almost 1/3 of that price. The install isn't going to be much different. Power, ground, mute right off the back of the stereo. You'll still have a junction box and mic, possibly a small speaker if the mute and radio features don't work.

I plan to install one soon, but certainly aftermarket.

I've emailed Jim Childs to see about getting one, now I'm just awaiting a response.

To D-2.5-GT: The draw of this unit is the integration with the stock head unit. Our head units are notoriously difficult to work with and from what I've seen, it has been challenging for other people to get third-party bluetooth modules to work. While it's a long shot, I want to find out if the OEM module will integrate with the USDM stereo system.

phoenix96

To D-2.5-GT: The draw of this unit is the integration with the stock head unit. Our head units are notoriously difficult to work with and from what I've seen, it has been challenging for other people to get third-party bluetooth modules to work. While it's a long shot, I want to find out if the OEM module will integrate with the USDM stereo system.

I understand the whole OEM, it must be easy and clean idea. However, I'm just trying to say its not going to be that much different than an aftermarket install. OEM or not, you'll still need to tap power, ground, and accessory. Just use a tap in connector right off the radio itself, or the lighter, or the cubby. You'll still need to place the junction box somewhere, this may be the only advantage as they may have specifically tailored it for a certain location. The radio mute is usually either supported or not, there isn't much in between without getting tricky. There are already aftermarket kits with a harness to support some vendors' products.

The functions and capabilities on most aftermarket kits are much better. For the cost of the OEM kit, you could easily buy a good aftermarket one, have it installed by a pro if you wish and still save money.

I personally haven't picked one out yet. I'll either end up with the Moto 1000 (since i have a moto phone), or a Parrot one. I'm leaning towards Moto, since the install seems a touch easier and the display is smaller. The radio mute doesn't concern me too much, i can just reach and turn it down.Getting the sound through the speakers isn't another big deal either, since the external speaker isn't that big and there are more than enough places to put it. If its easy, sure go for it, if not, it doesn't bother me.

Don't get me wrong, if you know nothing about car electronics or car stereos, you won't want to do it yourself, it would be more hassle than anything. However, if you feel confident, this is a pretty easy item to install, again depending on the kit to some extent, some are obviously harder than others.

I've got this one in my car. It's a Delphi product boys. So I guess they're bankrupt by now ;) It works very well. It does however not use the display in the headunit.

This is how it looks.

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=890

That doesn't look exactly like the control unit in the PDF installation instructions. The Subaru unit is supposed to have a center dial or button. :iam:

phoenix96

That doesn't look exactly like the control unit in the PDF installation instructions. The Subaru unit is supposed to have a center dial or button. :iam:

Could be different on the US models. Its the same model# though

• 2 weeks later...

Archived