LegacyGT.com

gas cap

Longitude

I tried a search for this but did not find anything. So here goes:

The Legacy GT's gas cap is nicely bound to the fuel door with a plastic leash. Question: where do you place the cap after taking it off to refuel? On our other cars, the inside part of the fuel door has a groove to fit the cap as a holder. Not so with the LGT. What's the dealio? It's not a huge problem, but an annoyance to me.

Thanks

--Long

I let it hang....ghetto style, but what other choice do you have? The Mini has a green plastic probe that goes into the filler neck - the door has a nice spot to pop the probe into while you fill up. Someone at Subaru wasn't thinking that one through apparently.

I've tried hanging it over the door, but then the inner part of the cap with fuel on it touches the side of the car paint. No good. So I end up juggling the cap in one hand and pumping gasoline with the other hand. I'm probably gonna break the leash.

I let it hang....ghetto style, but what other choice do you have? The Mini has a green plastic probe that goes into the filler neck - the door has a nice spot to pop the probe into while you fill up. Someone at Subaru wasn't thinking that one through apparently.

He...He.......he said probe

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 2 weeks later...

Archived