LegacyGT.com

turbo your na maybe

I would contact pdm and ask about the kit. I thought they were a 240sx shop (if I am thinking of the right one) but the kit seems to have most vital parts of a turbo swap. This will not be easy as you have to worry about fuel management, but definitely doable if you have the time and money.

Not the wisest idea to turbo a Subaru NA expecially without upgrading your ECU. I have a friend with a 2000 Impreza which he turbo'd with the AVO kit, ran great in the summer, but the Piggyback ECU that came with it could not handle the low temps in the winter. Then early this summer he had the turbo self destruct and shoot itself into the engine, lucky for him he stopped and killed the car before it shot its entirety into the engine, so there was no damage to the engine. AVO replaced the turbo and the car was put back together and the ECU was tuned.

Well this winter it was back to the "I dont want to function in the cold weather" shenannagins and we scrapped the piggyback in favor of the RalliTEK PP6 and the addition of a fifth injector after the TMIC, custom setup to be on an angle to direct itself directly into the engine. Its way too much of a hassle to turbo the car and you really cant run it above 6 PSI without having issues.

With that said I've watched the issues with turboing the NA and the troubles with swapping to the JDM TT (in a 98 GT) and I'm just gonna go the route of swapping in a WRX engine and tranny, or I'm just gonna go with the Crawford S3L Semi-Closed Short Block and build it up from there :D

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived