LegacyGT.com

So i’ve been looking into swapping the ej253 to something boosted because i want to make a bit more power than what i have now (160hp) and i was thinking about swapping it for something like an ej20x. The question i have is what is the entire process because people say i need a new ecm from a lgt and possibly cut some of the subframe to be able to fit in the oil lines and the turbo manifolds and downpipes. I’m just looking for opinions. turboing the 253 isn’t an option because i know for a fact if i run more than 5psi it’ll blow on me. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Either keep your NA car and spend the money on suspension to make it more fun to drive, or sell it and buy a turbo car.

It will be far cheaper than trying to swap in a turbo engine, and you won’t end up with a one-off car that doesn’t use standard parts, etc….

Several cars for sale in the classifieds right now that are great candidates.

• Like 1

Sell it OP! N/As are gay! Take the money you get from selling it and buy a MK4 Supra Turbo. Much more power. Everyone knows they come with 1200hp out of the gate. *drools* Think of the possibilities.

• Haha 2

MILKRUN  - Click Here

2 hours ago, Febreze Mee said:

Sell it OP! N/As are gay! Take the money you get from selling it and buy a MK4 Supra Turbo. Much more power. Everyone knows they come with 1200hp out of the gate. *drools* Think of the possibilities.

Hey man. You just get back in your turbo monster and go choo-choo / pssst-ing down the road.

There is room in this forum for throttle response as well. We don’t all love waiting around to build boost!

;)

• Like 1