LegacyGT.com

2025 MY - NO MORE LEGACY

On 4/15/2024 at 2:02 PM, 0SuperDuper0 said:

News that 2025MY will be the last and no more.

Possibly.

More mid size sedans are getting cut from lineups.  Going all small SUV and hybrid/electric.  Toyotas partnership probably plays a huge role in this.  Makes me think they will start cutting other lower selling models in segments.  

I can see the Legacy and the Ascent cut first.  They won't touch the Outback, Forrester and Impreza lineup for a bit.  Who knows on the crosstreks as they are good selling.

WRX will probably stay.  But die hard fans are already gone from the brand on the new models.

Will be interesting!

Edited by MoleMan
Spelling

Where can I find information on the Legacy being cut?  I would think auto outlets like Autoblog and Car and Driver would show this information.  

4 hours ago, laufu said:

Where can I find information on the Legacy being cut?  I would think auto outlets like Autoblog and Car and Driver would show this information.  

Just search for it on Google. It comes up plain as day.

The Legacy is not very popular anymore. Sorta like my Lexus GS 350. Great car just sales numbers went away so they cut production all together.

I personally think an electric Outback or Crosstrek option would sell like hotcakes.

19 hours ago, MoleMan said:

Just search for it on Google. It comes up plain as day.

The Legacy is not very popular anymore. Sorta like my Lexus GS 350. Great car just sales numbers went away so they cut production all together.

I personally think an electric Outback or Crosstrek option would sell like hotcakes.

That's the thing, I did, and the only thing I saw was an old post from Torque New speculating about the demise of the Legacy. 

If the Legacy is done for, I would wish for a Levorg STI. Maybe a plug-in hybrid version.  But a plug-in Levorg is like the news of the demise of the Legacy. It does not exist. 

37 minutes ago, laufu said:

That's the thing, I did, and the only thing I saw was an old post from Torque New speculating about the demise of the Legacy. 

If the Legacy is done for, I would wish for a Levorg STI. Maybe a plug-in hybrid version.  But a plug-in Levorg is like the news of the demise of the Legacy. It does not exist. 

Look up one post- the Legacy wasn't cut.

2 hours ago, TwoTone said:

Look up one post- the Legacy wasn't cut.

The last year they will make it will be 2025.

They will most likely not offer a Leggy for the 26 MY.  This seems right in line with what would normally be a model refresh/new redesign year for most manufacturers.

There's privileged information not yet available to the public.  I can confirm, as the Legacy is only offered in the North American market anyway, and is out sold by the Outback 5:1, it's getting cut. 2025MY will be the last.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sad that the legacy will come to an end with the seventh generation. I have owned 4. One wagon I inherited and then 3 sedans. The last being my 2024.  Really I’m sad sedans and regular wagon are disappearing from the market. I have to say though after owning my 24 with the cvt. The cvt is my least favorite feature next to the terrible auto stop start. Just the ranting of a old man I guess. Even so I love my current legacy.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bigburban said:

I’m sad that the legacy will come to an end with the seventh generation. I have owned 4. One wagon I inherited and then 3 sedans. The last being my 2024.  Really I’m sad sedans and regular wagon are disappearing from the market. I have to say though after owning my 24 with the cvt. The cvt is my least favorite feature next to the terrible auto stop start. Just the ranting of an old man I guess. Even so I love my current legacy.

I don’t think Honda would give up the Accord, or that Toyota would give up the Camry, so I am somewhat surprised that Subaru is doing this. Of course you could say that since the Outback and the Legacy are so similar you could just buy an Outback if the Legacy is not available. But Legacy buyers have always had the Outback as an option; they didn’t want it and instead chose the Legacy. So my guess is that type of buyer will wind up looking at other makes, maybe Honda or Toyota. For me personally if Subaru continues to develop the Crosstrek, maybe a WRX version of the Crosstrek, or at least an XT version, then that would be something I’d consider if I had to replace my 2020 Legacy XT. I love the Outback, my wife has a 2024 Onyx XT, but it’s not really the vehicle I would want for my daily drive. It’s just larger than I need and not as much fun to drive as the Legacys have been. The XT is my 3rd over 23 years. 

Without the Legacy, perhaps it will boost WRX sales. It is quite a bit smaller of a sedan, but still a sedan for the Subaru die hards that want one.

News that 2025MY will be the last and no more.

I hate to say it, but this might be the sign that the Outback is finally going hybrid. It's easier to hide a battery pack in a chunky crossover than a sedan. Word is that the WRX is going hybrid, so that may become their only sedan option. This kinda sucks for the remaining sedan lovers here, but it's good for the brand.

This does complicate the search for an AWD replacement sedan, though. I'm hoping the rumored Mazda 6e, based on the CX-70/90 platform, is AWD. Otherwise, I'm looking at the next Lexus ES, which should spiff up the new hybrid, AWD Camry platform. And I guess there's always BMW ... and their Legendary Reliability.

8 hours ago, fuzzysoul said:

This does complicate the search for an AWD replacement sedan, though. I'm hoping the rumored Mazda 6e, based on the CX-70/90 platform, is AWD. Otherwise, I'm looking at the next Lexus ES, which should spiff up the new hybrid, AWD Camry platform. And I guess there's always BMW ... and their Legendary Reliability.

I went through those choices when I had to wait over 7 months in 2020 to get my Legacy XT. None of them gave me what I wanted at the price of the Legacy. I have looked the new Toyota Crown as I believe all versions are AWD. It’s a beautiful car. The Camry would be great if they put an acceptably powerful engine in the AWD version. The others are just much more expensive than what Subaru has offered in the Legacy. I always thought that they nailed the vehicle between price, engine, AWD, and packages. I had hoped that would make them keep offering it to the many people who still prefer a sedan to crossovers and SUVs. 

1 hour ago, Jp1975 said:

I went through those choices when I had to wait over 7 months in 2020 to get my Legacy XT. None of them gave me what I wanted at the price of the Legacy. I have looked the new Toyota Crown as I believe all versions are AWD. It’s a beautiful car. The Camry would be great if they put an acceptably powerful engine in the AWD version. The others are just much more expensive than what Subaru has offered in the Legacy. I always thought that they nailed the vehicle between price, engine, AWD, and packages. I had hoped that would make them keep offering it to the many people who still prefer a sedan to crossovers and SUVs. 

I agree - my reason for the Legacy is it offered much more value than any other AWD sedan out there. I already have an SUV (a 2018 Audi Q7) for my family hauling needs and didn't want another. I am hoping to be able to keep the Legacy for at least another 5-6 years - don't know what the future holds, always wanted somthing like an Audi S5 sportback but can't justify the $. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fuzzysoul said:

I hate to say it, but this might be the sign that the Outback is finally going hybrid. It's easier to hide a battery pack in a chunky crossover than a sedan. Word is that the WRX is going hybrid, so that may become their only sedan option. This kinda sucks for the remaining sedan lovers here, but it's good for the brand.

i think you're right about the outback...i wish the mazda 6 would come back and have a wagon version...not really interested in having to buy a new hybrid battery part way through ownership on any vehicle

2 hours ago, Jp1975 said:

the crown signia is what i want minus the hybrid which obviously isn't in the cards

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Point37 said:

the crown signia is what i want minus the hybrid which obviously isn't in the cards

I’d be looking at the Crown Platinum. But at $15K+ more than what I paid for my Legacy, and just about the same more for a 2025 XT, that would be extremely hard to justify if I could even afford it. Subaru really had it nailed for me with the Legacys, especially my previous Legacy 2.5 GT turbo, and the current XTs. The options I could have gotten in more expensive cars really didn’t interest me that much, and the things I could get in the Legacy that I really wanted weren't available except in much more expensive choices. That still seems to be the case. If I had to replace mine today, and the Legacy was no longer available I guess I’d look at a WRX; but that vehicle is a little too raw for my old bones. Realistically with cost as a major consideration I’d probably pick an Outback XT. My wife has a ‘24 Onyx XT and it really is nice, and handles extremely well. It’s just not the car I want.

once my legacy dies (2013 w/ 237k miles and chugging oil at 1qt/600 mi) i would like to buy a gas wagon so i have more cargo space with better gas mileage than an suv but i don't want to deal with the subaru oil consumption issue again so i'm not sure about an outback...nor do i want to buy a premium brand wagon which would be more expensive and less reliable but those seem to be the only other manufacturers that sell them (volvo, bmw, mercedes, audi/vw)...the best choice for me would be an acura tsx sportwagon but good luck finding one with low miles that doesn't have a stupid price on it...also only offered 2011-2015 so they are just about as old as my car now...or a toyota venza but they are just as old and get worse gas mileage...or maybe a buick regal tourx but i'm not sure how reliable those are since i tend to bury my cars