LegacyGT.com

2025 MY - NO MORE LEGACY

On 4/15/2024 at 2:02 PM, 0SuperDuper0 said:

News that 2025MY will be the last and no more.

Possibly.

More mid size sedans are getting cut from lineups.  Going all small SUV and hybrid/electric.  Toyotas partnership probably plays a huge role in this.  Makes me think they will start cutting other lower selling models in segments.  

I can see the Legacy and the Ascent cut first.  They won't touch the Outback, Forrester and Impreza lineup for a bit.  Who knows on the crosstreks as they are good selling.

WRX will probably stay.  But die hard fans are already gone from the brand on the new models.

Will be interesting!

Edited by MoleMan
Spelling

Where can I find information on the Legacy being cut?  I would think auto outlets like Autoblog and Car and Driver would show this information.  

4 hours ago, laufu said:

Where can I find information on the Legacy being cut?  I would think auto outlets like Autoblog and Car and Driver would show this information.  

Just search for it on Google. It comes up plain as day.

The Legacy is not very popular anymore. Sorta like my Lexus GS 350. Great car just sales numbers went away so they cut production all together.

I personally think an electric Outback or Crosstrek option would sell like hotcakes.

19 hours ago, MoleMan said:

Just search for it on Google. It comes up plain as day.

The Legacy is not very popular anymore. Sorta like my Lexus GS 350. Great car just sales numbers went away so they cut production all together.

I personally think an electric Outback or Crosstrek option would sell like hotcakes.

That's the thing, I did, and the only thing I saw was an old post from Torque New speculating about the demise of the Legacy. 

If the Legacy is done for, I would wish for a Levorg STI. Maybe a plug-in hybrid version.  But a plug-in Levorg is like the news of the demise of the Legacy. It does not exist. 

37 minutes ago, laufu said:

That's the thing, I did, and the only thing I saw was an old post from Torque New speculating about the demise of the Legacy. 

If the Legacy is done for, I would wish for a Levorg STI. Maybe a plug-in hybrid version.  But a plug-in Levorg is like the news of the demise of the Legacy. It does not exist. 

Look up one post- the Legacy wasn't cut.

2 hours ago, TwoTone said:

Look up one post- the Legacy wasn't cut.

The last year they will make it will be 2025.

They will most likely not offer a Leggy for the 26 MY.  This seems right in line with what would normally be a model refresh/new redesign year for most manufacturers.

There's privileged information not yet available to the public.  I can confirm, as the Legacy is only offered in the North American market anyway, and is out sold by the Outback 5:1, it's getting cut. 2025MY will be the last.

• Thanks 2