LegacyGT.com

AVCS Cam Sensor Heat Shield After Perrin install?

I have an 07 LGT. I installed Perrin ELH and as we all know, one mod can necessitate another mod. I learned that there are several areas that need to be shielded. The first one is the AVCS Cam Sensor on the passenger side. I see a product from Verus that should work. If you know of others please let me know. 

Link to Verus: 

https://www.verus-engineering.com/blog/new-product-11/avcs-cam-sensor-heat-shield-for-2008-ej25-equipped-subarus-68?gclid=CjwKCAiAhJWsBhAaEiwAmrNyq63C04cokwwooozluiiAQNW05Z_uHSeVVKwNwmPxuPEzInlToCEGJxoCsd4QAvD_BwE

I’ve seen this from Verus and wondered if I need it as well with my ceramic coated Killer B. Seems like something is different in my ‘05?  Don’t see anything plastic in that area that would get cooked? 

I am wondering if it’s even necessary if it’s not a tracked car? Sort of like an AOS (I have a Crawford). Is it overkill for a daily driver? 

I am installing a Rallitek skid plate as well and would prefer, if it’s needed, to get this shield installed prior to the skid plate going on. 

On 12/22/2023 at 9:39 AM, silverton said:

Unless you've swapped the car, your 2007 Legacy GT should have an earlier EJ255 in it, which is intake avcs only. 10-12 ej255 legacies are dual avcs.

It’s an EJ257 with newer 2012 heads after rebuild. 

• Like 1