LegacyGT.com

nice '08 XT on BAT

Nice but with fees, that's 3.25X what I paid for my 95k mile example three years ago and I was the only person interested enough to go look at it. I'm sure these cars hit the bottom of the depreciation curve and have nowhere to go but up. I refuse to believe they're going up that fast though. 

Yeah, that is wild.

I paid $2500 CAD for my ~96k mile car maybe 7 years ago? Granted, not as clean as that, and not lightly modded, but that one hardly is.

So.... like $1800 USD? That is some bonkers increase in the market for these cars, too bad most of the ones around here are rustbuckets, mine included. 😆

This one looked to be about as salty as my ‘08 and I would have loved to have swapped my Surgeline built motor with 60K mi. / RA spec short geared ZF Design built 5 speed with 15k mi. into this. Swap the guts from the donor into my car and sell. My exterior is way more hammered than this freshly painted example and with the suspension and brake mods he did, it would have been a really nice upgrade for me. Sadly the price needed to be hyper aggressive to realistically make the numbers pan out and than went out the window pretty quickly 😬

4 hours ago, shralp said:

This one looked to be about as salty as my ‘08 and I would have loved to have swapped my Surgeline built motor with 60K mi. / RA spec short geared ZF Design built 5 speed with 15k mi. into this. Swap the guts from the donor into my car and sell. My exterior is way more hammered than this freshly painted example and with the suspension and brake mods he did, it would have been a really nice upgrade for me. Sadly the price needed to be hyper aggressive to realistically make the numbers pan out and than went out the window pretty quickly 😬

I was having similar thoughts. If I could have picked this up at a reasonable price, I was going to install all the good mechanical stuff I've collected for my LGT wagon and saved myself some body and paint work.

I figured this one might go cheap due to the location and the untouched 114k mile long block and turbo. Turns out I was wrong. Add up the cost of storing it until I'd actually want to go to Alaska to get it, currency conversion, plane ticket there/gas back and import fees/taxes and I'll be  ahead by thousands just sticking with the LGT.