LegacyGT.com

New Software Available for 20-22 models

• 2 weeks later...

Does this update address satellite radio unavailable sometimes after start up? Regular radio and Bluetooth works but XM won’t work sometimes, seems to happen more often after I make a quick stop and are only out of the car for a few minutes. 

The March 23 update addressed that. If you haven't done that update then I believe this one will.

When I did the March update, SiriusXM would start almost immediately instead of 30 seconds later.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience this, I have a date to take the car in to check updates but I will try my luck with the over the air update feature and see if I can get it to work. I have had this issue with Sirius XM since new but it has gotten worse, also, I would love to see the map feature of AA full screen instead of the small screen when I use it.

Have the dealer do the update. It's by USB not OTA. Make sure it's the November 23 update. That'll get you the Full screen AA. If they balk, tell them you have issues like Sirius XM not starting right away. That's what I did for the March 23 update (also by USB) and they did it. I did the November update myself via USB per instructions on the Outback forum with no issues BUT read the instructions CAREFULLY. Most issues I had are gone. Very happy camper now.

Well, got the updates done. I was at dealership for little over 4 hours since they said there was a boat load of updates that needed to be done and it took quite a bit of time to get them all done and installed. I got in the car and immediately saw the home screen changes. I like the fact that now the heated seats are now down at the bottom of the screen and now all you have to do is touch icon and each time you touch it, it goes from high to low. The controls for HVAC system are much easier to use. We'll see if the radio issue is resolved for good. Those are the things that I could see right away, I'll have to read over the paperwork over, glad I got this done before my 3/36 ran out.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that when I tried the OTA updates, it wouldn't work since there were so many for multiple systems that the only way to get them was to go to dealership where they installed them.

Nice thing, didn't cost anything since I was still under 3/36 warranty.

• 2 months later...

The cost would be the rate at which they charge per hour. A lot will depend on how many updates there would need to be done, our car there was numerous updates that took nearly 4 hours to complete, not something that OTA can do, I tried before going to dealership. 

Call your dealership, find out how they charge an hour and how do they charge for updates since a tech would probably spend time doing other things since it takes upward of 30-40 minutes to download and install an update and then move onto the next one.

I had no idea thee so many updates, large updates, that needed to be done until I went to the dealership which is why I went before my 3/36 warranty was done.