LegacyGT.com

Rear adjustable camber Lower Control Arms? (Sorry, Lateral arm)

After a pretty reputable alignment done for new tires at P&L Motorsports in Lisle IL, they came to a few conclusions. That the AVO rear underbody brace on the LR side was messing up the adjustment. They said the eccentric bolt was spinning in place from it being so off. They removed one of the braces and got a new eccentric bolt in, but it still wouldn't get to spec. Camber wise, that is. Everything else was good, but the camber on the LR tire would be off, unless I got some adjustable LCAs? Which isn't a bad idea, because I'd like to get that brace back on, and even it all out.

Now, what are the good ones? I see a lot of adjustable LCAs, some kinda cheap and some Kinda expensive. Does it matter? BTW, I think I've got cheap RA Mevotechs on right now. And yes, I Anti-Seized the crap out of the hardware, which was all new when I installed it a couple of years ago. Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Jolbaru_LGT

Rear suspension doesn’t really have a LCA. It’s a multi-link trailing arm design.   If you want adjustable rear suspension, go with the whiteline kit. 

• Like 2
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• Jolbaru_LGT changed the title to Rear adjustable camber Lower Control Arms? (Sorry, Lateral arm)

Sorry, I see it's the Lateral Arm, or camber arm? Whatever it's called, I see there's Whiteline or Godspeed, and a slew of others. Godspeed seems to be cheaper. But does cheaper mean worse? I'd love to pay less, but durability and maybe winter salt strength is definitely a concern.  

Edited by Jolbaru_LGT

You’re upgrading a major component of the suspension.  I can only personally vouch for the whiteline kit. It’s beefy and has been proven on both road and track.     Buy once, cry once.  

• Like 1
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I got my complete Whiteline rear kit on Amazon. Stuck a camelcamelcamel watch on it, and I’d like to say I snapped it up for like $360 CAD. This is all 4 arms, not the trailing arms themselves. I installed some Aluminium Spec B ones for that.

My alignment guy approved, he was impressed with the quality of the Whiteline kit and said so.

• Like 2

Yes, and....???

Like I said, I got mine on Amazon after waiting a while, and I am confident it is legit. All the literature, stickers, packaging were Whiteline as far as I can tell.... Good stuff in any case.

So, I guess caveat emptor? If the supplier is reuputable, just use whatever credit card you have that has good buyer protection and get the bottom dollar unit...

In the 5th gen Legacy world the rear camber arm options by SPC and Whiteline use the same arm made by SPC but Whiteline puts in its own poly bushing while SPC uses a sort of spherical bushing. Whiteline also is silver finished vs black for the SPC.  The SPC's are cheaper.

A cursory check shows SPC and Whiteline both make camber arms for the 4th gen and look about the same, so I am thinking they have the same arrangement for 4th gens.

I went with Whiteline for my 5th gen because I liked their bushing better for my needs, but SPC is a viable option for less, and I think is the same for 4th gens too.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 1:51 PM, KZJonny said:

Anyone have experience with the Whiteline Rear Camber Adjustment Kit? It looks like a bushing replacement sorta deal for the upper control arms.
But then again, the upper control arms it would be going into would probably be Mevotech… So… I do remember my alignment guy saying whatever generic parts I put in might be slightly off just enough to throw the adjustment off. 

Edited by Jolbaru_LGT