LegacyGT.com

Coilover voting 2023

Coilover voting 2023  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which coilovers have you used on your LGT?

• BC Racing DS Series
    • Cusco ZERO-2 Comfort
    • Feal 441
    • Flat Out Suspension SR Comfort
    • Fortune Auto 500 Series Generation 8
    • HKS Hipermax S
    • KW V2
    • Racecomp Engineering Tarmac 1
    • Tein Flex Z
    • NOT LISTED - Comment answer (must be actual coilovers)
  2. 2. Would you get them again? If not, comment what you would try instead.

• Yes! 100% recommend these for a daily driver!
    • No :( I wish I bought/installed... (comment your answer)

All, in an attempt to consolidate years of feedback and bring coilover personal experiences up to the present, please vote on which coilover set you personally know (have used or ridden in yourself) rides the best (aka, smooth as can be) for a daily driver Legacy. Let's go!

Edited by Hitman47

Not to harsh on the question, since the answer would be useful.

But it sort of implies that anyone attempting to answer would have used at least a handful of the proposed possible coilovers, and would have something meaningful to say about how they compare. 

That's a big ask. Most users here probably have what they bought, or at best tried a couple sets over time. Not a great data set to draw a meaninful conclusion from. Maybe reframing the question as a set of quantifiable answers about performance would be more useful?

• Like 1

I also don't feel qualified to vote. I've had kw on my car for about 2 years and 15k miles. I enjoy driving my car, but I also do dumb things like driving in complete silence to listen to the exhaust drone, and with the windows open no matter the temperature. 

I've not had the car corner balanced, and I haven't adjusted the coilovers for rebound or ride height since I installed them. I definitely have not gone through the steps to get the most use of these parts. 

So would I vote for these? I honestly don't know. I got them through an industry connection and paid koni shock and springs money for them. I'm fairly close to saying my driving experience would probably be similar with that tried and true strut and spring route. 

But again, I've done nothing to maximize my experience. Coilovers kind of require that. Otherwise, might as well get konis and springs. 

I have had Tein SDS, and ISC V2 Street coilovers. I loved both on my legacies. I currently run ISC V2. People still think you have to spend over 1K plus to get quality, and this is not true. I could have bought any listed but the two i listed work great. I am not trying to out corner a GTR or a track car. My car rides very well and it's been year and no rust or problems. the ISC also have pillow ball mounts :) .