LegacyGT.com

Install 05 STI Steering Rack Bushings

BoxerGT2.5

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great write-up Boxer! I did a quick search on google for the part number and found them at Kastle's Korner for $39.98 (+ $9.72 for 3 day shipping). Can't wait to get them on.

Chris

What happened to the price? It's now $57.95. Were they running a before-XMas special?

P&L sells it for $55 with the tool. Im still on the fence if I want to do this but Larry is picking up a set today.
Got 'em!!! With teh tool, ftw. :icon_bigg In a minute there's gonna be a lot of tools laying around.:icon_eek:

Got my new windshield in, too. I'd advise that everyone forgo teh windshield replacement, if possible.

:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Got 'em!!! With teh tool, ftw. :icon_bigg In a minute there's gonna be a lot of tools laying around.:icon_eek:

Got my new windshield in, too. I'd advise that everyone forgo teh windshield replacement, if possible.

You puttin them on now?

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Not at the moment. Waiting for someone with air tools (hint hint) to have some free time.:icon_bigg

Lemme know when you'd like, if Rich or anyone else gets them we can just do and assembly line. I think I finished all the spring installs for half of the chicagoland area last Sat. :lol:

:lol: I wish. It would have been more entertaining than the actual truth. However, the raccoon story has already been used. I wanna be original, but what's so original about "a rock hit my windshield"? Not exciting in the least. IB*yawn*Zzzzzzzzzz.

:lol: I wish. It would have been more entertaining than the actual truth. However, the raccoon story has already been used. I wanna be original, but what's so original about "a rock hit my windshield"? Not exciting in the least. IB*yawn*Zzzzzzzzzz.

Next time.....You hit the Nozz button and the speed....the wind force was too great!

I agree that this will have a performance benefit, during autocross, I notice that the steering always seems to be a little slow and during abrupt (I know... abrupt is "slow" :icon_tong ) changes with the wheel, I would notice the wheel almost "bind up"...

As long as there is NO vibration increase or Noise from this then I am going to do it...

Thanks for the directions Boxer...

(Mods... Move to Performance Walkthroughs?)

Next time.....You hit the Nozz button and the speed....the wind force was too great!
I like that. How's this? "The rate of speed caused a rupture of the Time/Space Continuum.............. ":icon_bigg If you're gonna B.S. somebody, care enough to send the very best.

What happened to the price? It's now $57.95. Were they running a before-XMas special?

When I ordered two days ago it had gone up to $44.95 (from $39.95). Hmm...

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

• 2 weeks later...
You raaaang?:icon_bigg Best bang for the buck, instant gratification mod, IMO (at this price point). No downside to this one. Highly recommended for those who don't plan to do a great deal of suspension work or go with bigger wheels and tires. Just better steering feel.:cool:

Archived