LegacyGT.com

2005 legacy gt TOP SPEEDS...

Don't make me lock this thread! :lol: Cummon you postwhores, get your butts back on topic or you're as bad as, oh man, I'd have to implicate myself. :lol: Okay, personally, I've see 3 digits creep up quickly, interstate somewhere on the delivery route, nice 1/4 mile gap with lots of room to see what's ahead. She was smooth as a baby's bottom at speed. Coulda been kph or mph. You take your pic. :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is indeed very smooth when you get up top. I can't wait to go flying around Chicago in this baby at sub-100 speed. Normal traffic speed down there seem to be in the 80 range. Tollbooth grand prix. :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
88 mph. I always drive once at least that fast with all my cars. It's a Back to the Furute thing. It was really cool when I had my GTP with head up display.

[quote name='jedimaster']88 mph. I always drive once at least that fast with all my cars. It's a Back to the Furute thing. It was really cool when I had my GTP with head up display.[/quote] After driving this car, I feel this car should require having it in all the GT models standard because it's so smooth you can't really guage how fast your going without taking your eyes off the road to see the speedo. - Mike

first post...dont kill me... it is funny reading you guys feel so sorry for driving 80. I currently have a f@rd Exploder and here in dallas on the tollway you have to go 80 just to keep up with traffic. I am a stupid teenager and I have bounced off the limiter a few times (115mph). The fastest I have been on a road was in my friend's fathers new bmw 5 series. The dad was driving, we were holding on. I think I remember seing the gage go past 120+

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, teenagers like to test the limits of everything they drive. [quote name='MBDarkwinter']first post...dont kill me... it is funny reading you guys feel so sorry for driving 80. I currently have a f@rd Exploder and here in dallas on the tollway you have to go 80 just to keep up with traffic. I am a stupid teenager and I have bounced off the limiter a few times (115mph). The fastest I have been on a road was in my friend's fathers new bmw 5 series. The dad was driving, we were holding on. I think I remember seing the gage go past 120+[/quote]

[quote name='jedimaster']88 mph. I always drive once at least that fast with all my cars. It's a Back to the Furute thing. It was really cool when I had my GTP with head up display.[/quote] I've been shopping around for the Mr. Fusion that will look best with my black LGT. I think the standard ultra white versions don't look very good. Right now I only have 250 HP in the car but once we get Mr. Fusion up and running we'll have 1.21 GW on tap! :) (just for grins, I did a conversion on 1.21 GW to HP: 1,210,000 GW = 1621 HP. Works for me! I would just need to find a clutch, transmission, drive axles, suspension, and tires that could handle all that power.) :D

I hit 180km/h on the exit of the last corner of the old Fuji Speedway. :) Possibly more... The fastest I have gone in a Legacy is my de-limited, first gen twin-turbo. 155mph according to rev/gear ratios. Surprised the snot out of the Skyline GT-R was pulling in, too. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='MBDarkwinter']first post...dont kill me... it is funny reading you guys feel so sorry for driving 80. I currently have a f@rd Exploder and here in dallas on the tollway you have to go 80 just to keep up with traffic. I am a stupid teenager and I have bounced off the limiter a few times (115mph). The fastest I have been on a road was in my friend's fathers new bmw 5 series. The dad was driving, we were holding on. I think I remember seing the gage go past 120+[/quote] My memories of driving in Houston back this story up. I remember merging at 75 and almost getting run over! :lol: 85-90 kept you in traffic, but you'd better not have been in the left lane going that "slow." I was bummed because I had a Dodge Grand Caravan at the time (1986...great bicycle racing car) which was fundamentally ballistic at speeds above 90 mph. It would respond to steering inputs...eventually. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][My memories of driving in Houston back this story up. I remember merging at 75 and almost getting run over! :lol: 85-90 kept you in traffic, but you'd better not have been in the left lane going that "slow." I was bummed because I had a Dodge Grand Caravan at the time (1986...great bicycle racing car) which was fundamentally ballistic at speeds above 90 mph. It would respond to steering inputs...eventually. Kevin[/quote] Welcome to Houston Kev! :lol: I think I've earned a little more respect now that you realize what kind of conditions I had to drive in whilst breaking in. I never took the car over 60, even on the freeway!!!11 :o 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Thorttlejockey - You didn't get passed by an Volvo's on the way up to 120 did you? :lol: (I'm still a little miffed over that C&D review.) I have had mine up to about 90 or 95, I am still in break in so I am not really pushing it above 5K. Here in Cincy traffic moves about 80 in the left lane, so I have spent most my hwy time in the middle hopping over to pass occasionally. Houston sounds like Michigan. Everytime I travel up there I am amazed at how aggressive and fast people are driving. Shawn

Archived