LegacyGT.com

2005 legacy gt TOP SPEEDS...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think C and D listed that they are governed at 136 mph. But in my experience, sometimes a car will indicate higher at higher speeds. So maybe an LGT would go until an indicated 139-140 mph, but may in fact only be doing the 136 it's supposedly governed at.

Dipped into 130s today on the Autobahn. I Didn't realize I was going that fast 'till I looked at the speedo. Normally I cruise at around 110-120. I know I didn't hit the govener and I was somewhere in the 130s (probably the lower side of 130), the car feels like it has more to go on the top end. Too bad it's governed.

now this isn't top speed, but something to make me happy in the same area GF and i were out in the rockies finishing up my 1000 mile break, get back to town, grabbed dinner. Stopped at a light next to a mustang gt, did the look nod, look nod, poor guy didn't even have a chance went 0-60 thats when we both backed it off..... my GF was even laughing at how hard he tried though...............

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='cncgimenez'][quote name='SUBE555']You're gonna need an Accessport when they come out. ;)[/quote] OK you got me, what the heck is an Accessport?? Dumb question I 'm sure..[/quote] [url]http://cobbtuning.com/sti/accessport.html[/url][/quote] Thanks for the info DM!

Hello, I am new to this forum! I was lurking around this site for a few moments. But when I found this thread I couldn't resist to register! :D I don't have the Legacy GT but the Legacy 3.0R. I had the opportunity to test the top speed on the autobahn and achieved 240 km/h. The car is still very easy to control and feels very safe at this speed. 200 km/h is a pleasure to "cruise" on the autobahn. In 5th gear (auto) and revs at 4000 the car runs 190 km/h. Sorry for you guys having the speed gov, espacially for that poor boy who is now in Germany and is autobahn accesible at the moment! :)

Saw 130 two days ago. Still pulling, slightly unplanted feeling. Tires? Suspension? Still stock here, and it was a little breezy. About an hour later I got a ticket for 75 in a 55. Seems kinda petty after the top-end blast. Just over 2k on the ticker now. Put in new dino juice before I left on this road trip.

[quote name='cncgimenez']Sorry for you guys having the speed gov, espacially for that poor boy who is now in Germany and is autobahn accesible at the moment! :)[/quote] Flo4Legacy, Rub it in why don't ya :( . I take it that your car is Euro spec? Do you wana trade headlights? :)[/quote] Sorry, don't want to make you feel sad ... :twisted: My car is Euro spec, yes. Headlights stay where they are :) But I am sure a german dealer would be happy to sell you a pair of german spec headlights. BTW, I thought US and Euro spec headlights are the same, aren't they? :?:

[quote name='Flo4Legacy'][quote name='cncgimenez']Sorry for you guys having the speed gov, espacially for that poor boy who is now in Germany and is autobahn accesible at the moment! :)[/quote] Flo4Legacy, Rub it in why don't ya :( . I take it that your car is Euro spec? Do you wana trade headlights? :)[/quote] Sorry, don't want to make you feel sad ... :twisted: My car is Euro spec, yes. Headlights stay where they are :) But I am sure a german dealer would be happy to sell you a pair of german spec headlights. BTW, I thought US and Euro spec headlights are the same, aren't they? :?:[/quote] Nope, we have the nasty orange reflectors on the sides. I priced the Euro specs out and they are 235 Euro each! Ouch... I guess I can live with the reflectors for now..I'll take your NAV unit though :D We don't get that either. :cry: I know...whaa.whaa.whaa

[quote name='cncgimenez'][quote name='Flo4Legacy'][quote name='cncgimenez']Sorry for you guys having the speed gov, espacially for that poor boy who is now in Germany and is autobahn accesible at the moment! :)[/quote] Flo4Legacy, Rub it in why don't ya :( . I take it that your car is Euro spec? Do you wana trade headlights? :)[/quote] Sorry, don't want to make you feel sad ... :twisted: My car is Euro spec, yes. Headlights stay where they are :) But I am sure a german dealer would be happy to sell you a pair of german spec headlights. BTW, I thought US and Euro spec headlights are the same, aren't they? :?:[/quote] Nope, we have the nasty orange reflectors on the sides. I priced the Euro specs out and they are 235 Euro each! Ouch... I guess I can live with the reflectors for now..I'll take your NAV unit though :D We don't get that either. :cry: I know...whaa.whaa.whaa[/quote] Suck it up and just bake your lights and pull them reflectors off. Stop whining! :lol:

[quote name='cncgimenez']Nope, we have the nasty orange reflectors on the sides. I priced the Euro specs out and they are 235 Euro each! Ouch... I guess I can live with the reflectors for now..I'll take your NAV unit though :D We don't get that either. :cry: I know...whaa.whaa.whaa[/quote] Suck it up and just bake your lights and pull them reflectors off. Stop whining! :lol: Edit: cleaned up his crappy quote jorb. :P

130 and the car was still pulling but i let off because it's too dangerous and wreckless. It was on the parkway and it was clear of cars. The car felt very stable though. The car didn't hit the governor yet and the needle was slightly above 130. Wont do it again.

Archived