LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

6 minutes ago, JJBerk said:

So, it seems David may not join us, which makes me hauling the camper, stupid. Is there a room at the inn for me? I’m not as picky about a room as BoxKitty… Plus, I may have to pick up that a$$hole BoxKitty at the airport (I’ll make him drive - maybe cute David will let us take the new WRX) and make him drive up.

Side note, the disaster at the bridge here yesterday is devastating. In a pathetic note of good news, David’s WRX made it to port a day or two before the disaster. We have a VIN, and a delivery date, so we should pick it up this weekend. 

My son spotted his BRZ at the port and took the photos before the dealer knew it was there :)

• Like 3

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

13 minutes ago, boxkita said:

@KZJonny asked if I would bring parts out. A wrx has a hefty trunk, I might have to check a duffle of lgt rare parts :)

Ive seen @JJBerk tow a trailer...I'm definitely driving the wrx. I'll bring the Valentine radar detector so we can actually drive at Boxkitty speed.

As long as there is room for my beauty equipment…. LOL NOT. I’ll drive too. I don’t suck as a driver.

• Like 2

Just now, JJBerk said:

As long as there is room for my beauty equipment…. LOL NOT. I’ll drive too. I don’t suck as a driver.

Maybe we get roof racks and haul a couple kayaks or SUPs up….

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JJBerk said:

yer trailer was playing whack a mole with the road. I wish I d recorded it.

I didn't say you suck as a driver. David said you are really calm and law-abiding while driving. I'm pretty sure he was stoned at the time...

pot, kettle. :)

• Haha 2

There should be room for everyone. I can make a quick spread sheet to keep track.

I was told the lake bottom is fairly flat and max depth is maybe 10ft. Bottom is shale and rock so BRING WATER SHOES.  We don't want feet that look like they went through a cheese grater. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

So.... just since were not really THAT far away from this being a real thing, and I have some scheduling stuff that needs attending, I'll just throw out that I think I will arrive Thursday, and depart after driving the Glen Monday mid-day.

So far, I know Tyrone is interested in staying to do the Glen, anyone else?? I know it's speed limited, so he can't use that big turbo to kick my ass all around the track, and just maybe my fast spooling VF40 will work in my favour. But there has to be someone else to rep wagons on the track!? Maybe a turbo Ascent? Hey? Anyone willing to have their BRZ embarrased by some 20 year old fast rust? Anyone? Do I need to change plans in a hurry and get JMP to build me a Custom VF52 BEFORE the ECM? ;)

Hopeing to get in lots of fireside chat as well as some group rides while I'm there with you all. Anyone else think they have semi-known dates by this point?

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 2

tldr; more turbo is like more cowbell, never enough!

Maybe you need a set of stage 3 heads from iag to take advantage of the extra air pressure, too.

As much as I would like to bring the gr86 to spank every car there, I'm pretty committed to walking upright for the foreseeable future.

Catching a ride to ECM with @JJBerk will stretch the limit of right hand car riding I can do. I'm pretty sure me driving the Ascent will be a no-go at the glen. Perhaps the lead-foot owner will be do it. She's out of the country at the moment, so I'll just commit for her.

Watching everyone else drive by, I'll take video for you. If you like, I can add racecar noises for you, too.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, boxkita said:

Is it too early to start with the beer list ? 

It is never too early to start with the beer list. 17 pages of discussing trivialites and we finally get to the good stuff. 😜

• Haha 2

I will be there 6/6-6/13.  3 + 1(dog).   No plans for the "Glen". Don't want to embarrass you all in a turbo "mom car".  I have a few hundred hours logged at the Glen in an ND1 MX-5 Global Cup.  I kinda have an advantage on knowing the track lines. 

But I can cheer from the stands. Bring canned air horns? 

Plan to bring some local brews to share, but might not need as much as last year???

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, m sprank said:

but might not need as much as last year???

Heresy.

We are there longer, therefore we need more.

2 hours ago, boxkita said:

more BEER is like more cowbell, never enough!

Boxkita said it best.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Although to Mike's point, 800 beers was probably too many. Apparently the average age of attendees was not in-line with frathouse quantity of beer.

Access to a lake, probably will help with consumption ratios.

what do I know, I was so hammered/stoned i couldn't set up my tent all weekend 

• Haha 4

As long as we can haul kayaks, I have the green light to take the new WRX for the trip. @boxkita can we cram all our crap in there? 

CB may even brew us a batch of home brew to bring along! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JJBerk said:

As long as we can haul kayaks, I have the green light to take the new WRX for the trip. @boxkita can we cram all our crap in there? 

CB may even brew us a batch of home brew to bring along! 

We can swap the rack from the ascent over. I still think we can get all the boats on the wrx.

Im planning on a carry-on unless I'm bringing a box of subie parts. Still I'll make it so we can pack the parts in a kayak.

• Like 2

Too bad Jenny does not do breakfast.  Mary loves breakfast burgers.  Hashbrowns, burger patty, fried egg, sausage patty, bacon, ketchup, lightly toasted bun.  Sounds perfect for a lake morning. 

If Boxkita has a rough morning I am sure we can round up a nice warm glass of mayo for him to gargle.  Greasy fried pork chop served in a dirty ash tray?

20230702_085821.jpg

20230702_085811.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

House has a grill, wonder if we can use it as a smoker?  We had family over for Easter.  I was "non-traditional" with the meal. I made a glazed ham, but I also smoked a brisket, trip tip and pork spare ribs. 

I ate meat till I sweat for 7 days straight. It was glorious. 

20240331_140651.jpg

20240331_140717.jpg

• Haha 2

Is this a good segue into figuring out a little meal planning?

I suppose we can easily enough say everyone is on their own for brekky and lunches and what have you. (Have to assume there will be some group driving places maybe and a lunch or two out...)

I suppose it might be a thing which is easier to work out once we have final numbers etc... But maybe some people would want to cook a dinner in small teams, for example? Can't leave it all up to @JJBerk this time around. :)

I'm a pizza fanatic for one, and would relatively happily make a few batches of dough and spend an evening making slugs and providing sauce + cheese (pepperoni, whatever).

If nothing else it might give people a sort of soft plan on what they can be involved in/get some numbers on etc... I for one don't really eat very much meat and the gf eats none, so we can pick up our own food the night that Mike is in charge. ;)

• Like 2

I’m always game for cooking/ helping to cook. We do homemade piazzas often- that’s a great idea, maybe even for a couple of nights for those staying a bit longer? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JJBerk said:

I’m always game for cooking/ helping to cook. We do homemade piazzas often- that’s a great idea, maybe even for a couple of nights for those staying a bit longer? 

Sure. I don't think we need to have a meal planned for each night. Just figured maybe a couple would be fun as a collective thing for those interested. Might be worth looking for a local grocery store that could sell dough? But I'm also very happy to make some, especially if there is room in the fridge to let it bulk ferment for a day, etc.. I have a pizza steel I can throw in the car as well as a peel and some other related junk.... works well on a barbeque as well if the weather is good. (Is the barbecue propane or plumbed into fossil gas? I would assume the former given how remote the house is...

Easy barbecue meal (burgers?) + salads would be another slam dunk I figure, but I'm just throwing ideas out there. I can *very* easily live on raw veg + hummus + crusty bread & pickles for the length of time we're staying.

We have lots of time to work this out, but getting the ball rolling in advance isn't such a bad idea either.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 1