LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

26 minutes ago, JJBerk said:

Have you gotten the contract yet? Let us know the $$$ when you know!

Yes, contract in hand. 

Dates = June 6  4pm - June 13 2024 10am

Home = Serenity on the Bluff (https://www.newyorkrentalbyowner.com/finger-lakes-keuka-lake-keuka-park-house/listing.82)

Occupancy = 20 (children under the age of 2 years are not included in the occupancy number)

Pets = With permission

Smoking = No smoking in the house, smoking permitted on the deck and outside - dispose of properly.

Phone - Home has no phone, bring your cell.  Home has wifi. 

Deposit due 2/1/2024 = $997.50

Balance due 5/1/2024 = $1935.30

Total with deposit = $2932.80

Total if deposit is refunded = $2482.80

Breakdown on charges:

$1995.00 rental fee + $200 cleaning fee + $200 linen fee (linens for 20) + $87.80 tax (The Man gets his cut) + $450 refundable security deposit.  Don't fudge it up and we get the $450 back. 

For $200 we can have linen service for 20.  I think adding the $200 for linens is a good idea. 

Need to figure out everyones accommodations to determine a fair breakdown.  Or we can play like Fyre and I can take $2900 each from everyone and bail. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Built my first "robot".

Simulate wind with speed, speed with curving and drafting.  Can set manual minimum and max speeds or can have max speed auto adjust with car individual cars. 

540 total cfm, which is enough to blow my hair off (if I had any).  100% is more like a roller coaster ride. I have been dialing down my setting to 60-70% speed for open cockpit F1 and 50% for Miatas and Lotus.  Tech is friggin amazing. 

20231124_151032.jpg

20231126_192554.jpg

20231128_103628.jpg

20231128_103716.jpg

20231128_103825.jpg

20231128_103842.jpg

20231128_103900.jpg

20231128_104813.jpg

• Like 2

So right now I believe there are 7 confirmed in this thread.

$2932(includes deposit) divided by 7 = $419  I think we will have more joining which would bring that amount down for us.

To just get the deposit together for Feb 1, 2024 it would be 

$142.50 x 7 = 997.50

I think we should work with those numbers to start.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

12 hours ago, boxkita said:

did you get a house plan?

i'm going to need a room with a bed. prefer one with east facing windows. would be nice to be on water side. maybe zip line from the patio to the water. 

i forget...does it come with any boats or do we need to rent something? 

You need someone to ah... fluff your pillow as well? Anything else we can all do to accomodate? 😉

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tysparks81 said:

So right now I believe there are 7 confirmed in this thread.

$2932(includes deposit) divided by 7 = $419  I think we will have more joining which would bring that amount down for us.

To just get the deposit together for Feb 1, 2024 it would be 

$142.50 x 7 = 997.50

I think we should work with those numbers to start.

Not to scare anyone with numbers I was going to attempt to break it down even further.  I plan to stay the entire week, I assume not everyone will.  I do not expect anyone to cover my "extra" days.  I won't get down to per person, per day - lake view or not - bath attached or not as I am not that big of an a-hole.  But, I do want to be as fair and equitable as possible. 

If Johnny wants to pitch a tent in the yard and bathe in the lake I do not expect him to pay $419.  If John installs a zip line from his room to Johnny's tent or maybe a pulley system to haul up baskets of beer, then $419 is definitely the going rate.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

You need someone to ah... fluff your pillow as well? Anything else we can all do to accomodate? 😉

Is that an offer.  I have never seen a "fluffer" before.  Only heard the stories.  This could be interesting. 

• Confused 2

23 hours ago, jaylew said:

I have hopes and dreams to gift my wagon a new type RA (or regular 257) SB and refreshed heads for its 20th birthday year.

We should do a group buy on new SBs. My wagon's engine needs new head gaskets soon but with the mileage on this original motor I need a new SB too.

Duh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

All I see are those mileage numbers in your sig. 

I "think out loud" man how do they keep them going without a rebuild, I never made it past 100k with an EJ.  The shot from the peanut gallery hits me "It was downright frightening sitting passenger with you at the wheel".  What/when I reply to the wall.  "Like, from the moment I met you until you owned the shop and Mary was born" laughs back at me from out of sight.  I dont recall any of that I retort.  "The road is my racetrack, I pay taxes and they built it for me, hmmmmmmmmmm.  You were that asshat for so long".   I love you too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, boxkita said:

i'm going to need a room with a bed. prefer one with east facing windows. would be nice to be on water side. maybe zip line from the patio to the water. 

The guy who slept in his car 'cause he couldn't figure out his tent is worried about which direction the windows are facing???

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, m sprank said:

Not to scare anyone with numbers I was going to attempt to break it down even further.  I plan to stay the entire week, I assume not everyone will.  I do not expect anyone to cover my "extra" days.  I won't get down to per person, per day - lake view or not - bath attached or not as I am not that big of an a-hole.  But, I do want to be as fair and equitable as possible. 

If Johnny wants to pitch a tent in the yard and bathe in the lake I do not expect him to pay $419.  If John installs a zip line from his room to Johnny's tent or maybe a pulley system to haul up baskets of beer, then $419 is definitely the going rate.  

Hah! We still have lots of room to go. I'm not going to avoid helping out paying an equal share. If there is a room left empty, I will gladly occupy it and share the overall costs for that. If others that have a greater need for a roof occupy everything, then I will sleep restfully and well in a tent. If no rain is on the horizon for the night, I can even pop off the fly and open up the doors, take in the stars. June nights are lovely around here/Finger Lakes. Mike, we're going to make sure you are totally covered of course. You just let us know what you need now to cover your down payment, and whatever else seems fair on a room/tent basis, hah!

There is even a very outside chance I would have a +1 interested in a lakeside weekend. Pointedly not really interested in cars, but drinking wine in the Finger Lakes doesn't sound so bad. I grenade relationships like Subarus grenade short blocks tho, so I'm not counting on it. 🙄

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 1