LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

16 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Count me in, for sure.

Going to have to start the ‘what do you need to fix thread’ for laughs and motivation now, I guess.

Anyone recommend a good book/website/youtube series on doing panelwork? 🙄

call @madrig . he probably has a mold for every body panel now

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, boxkita said:

call @madrig . he probably has a mold for every body panel now

Might come to that, but I have the Subiesaver panels, and it's the rear wheel arches that are going. So, I'll at least give it a go on my own before caving in and doing the rear widebody panels he makes. They'd kind of ruin the "stock look".... Ha!

Wife and daughter are in Texas visiting family.  Trying to pull off an early "Santa" when they return.  Promised 4 years ago so I am way overdue.

Meet Roy and Ricky.  Hopefully one comes home with me this weekend.  Deff would be attending the meet with us. 

roy.JPG

ricky.JPG

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, m sprank said:

Sadly only 3 options listed for all of 2024:

Drive Your Car Where Your Heroes Have!

MAY 3-5
May 11**
May 18-19*
May 22*
May 24-25
May 31-June 2
June 6-9
June 20-23
July 10-14
July 25-28
Aug 21-25
Sept 11-15

* = No 12pm Drive The Glen
** = No 5pm Drive The Glen
BOLD = No Drive The Glen

I could be wrong but those seem like blackout dates where they have events, and some days that still have limited open spots left, not necessarily all available dates to drive the Glen.  I only say that as it says it opens in April but none of those days in April are listed.  But to be sure I have sent a note to get more details.  So the question would be who would be interested in doing that?

• Like 4

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

38 minutes ago, tysparks81 said:

I could be wrong but those seem like blackout dates where they have events, and some days that still have limited open spots left, not necessarily all available dates to drive the Glen.  I only say that as it says it opens in April but none of those days in April are listed.  But to be sure I have sent a note to get more details.  So the question would be who would be interested in doing that?

Finger Lakes seems as good of a place to blow up my SB as any. Count me in. 😜

I was thinking the same think about the blackout dates... looked like there were some potentially "open" days while we're all there... thanks for looking in to it.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

Wife and daughter are in Texas visiting family.  Trying to pull off an early "Santa" when they return.  Promised 4 years ago so I am way overdue.

Meet Roy and Ricky.  Hopefully one comes home with me this weekend.  Deff would be attending the meet with us. 

roy.JPG

ricky.JPG

I am decidely not a dog person, but those are pretty good looking litte animals. Good on ya Mike!

Just for @boxkita.  Got the gang back together last night.  We ran some races in the evening rather than the morning.  Cooler air and track temps and some glare to deal with.   I chose to box 6th (again).  Tried to drive more like I owned the car rather than just stole it.  #55 (RIP Mr. Seau).

The TV angle for the motorsports fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tysparks81 said:

Are you saying that you would organize a trip to Watkins Glen outside of ECM '24? If so I'd be down.

4 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Finger Lakes seems as good of a place to blow up my SB as any. Count me in. 😜

I was thinking the same think about the blackout dates... looked like there were some potentially "open" days while we're all there... thanks for looking in to it.

@KZJonny Are you referring to June 10-13? I could stay an extra day to drive the Glen.

On 11/20/2023 at 12:28 PM, m sprank said:

Sadly only 3 options listed for all of 2024:

Drive Your Car Where Your Heroes Have!

MAY 3-5
May 11**
May 18-19*
May 22*
May 24-25
May 31-June 2
June 6-9
June 20-23
July 10-14
July 25-28
Aug 21-25
Sept 11-15

* = No 12pm Drive The Glen
** = No 5pm Drive The Glen
BOLD = No Drive The Glen

• Like 2

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Hit up Brian for meet slaps.  Can then use his file for tees. 

I could have everything made early this year and ship out prior to the meet, or pick up at the meet again.  Hopefully Mary does not have any fund raisers and I can recover some of the cost this year, LOL.  Honestly, you all made it well worth it last year.  Over $2k raised!!!!  Looks like Mary convinced two neighborhood girls to join her at Girls on the Run this year.  The group grows. 

Edit:  Brian got back to me, Subie Stickers is on board for year 2.  Just changing the year to 24, keeping it simple.

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, m sprank said:

roy.JPG

ricky.JPG

I so want to see the look on M’s face! Holy crap is she going to be happy!

8 minutes ago, JJBerk said:

I so want to see the look on M’s face! Holy crap is she going to be happy!

Paid the deposit on "Ricky" this evening.  He reminds me of "Jodi" the staffy Teresa had as a kid.  The breeder shares the same first name as my mother, the pup shares the same (current) name as Teresas brother and nephew.  Karma?

M is going to cry, her mother probably will too.  Only time anyone gets to make my girls cry, tears of joy. 

Anyone have a recommendation on an "electric fence".  I un-installed the one that was when we moved in.  I can trench a wired if its worth the effort.  Driveway is already cut.  We have a large irregular shaped lot (like a baseball field). 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 4:14 PM, Enlight said:

Are you saying that you would organize a trip to Watkins Glen outside of ECM '24? If so I'd be down.

@KZJonny Are you referring to June 10-13? I could stay an extra day to drive the Glen.

Yes I would be fine to organize a trip to Watkins Glen, and yes since they are booked from the 6-9th only option would be to do a group drive between the 10-13 if that is possible.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 4:28 PM, m sprank said:

Hit up Brian for meet slaps.  Can then use his file for tees. 

I could have everything made early this year and ship out prior to the meet, or pick up at the meet again.  Hopefully Mary does not have any fund raisers and I can recover some of the cost this year, LOL.  Honestly, you all made it well worth it last year.  Over $2k raised!!!!  Looks like Mary convinced two neighborhood girls to join her at Girls on the Run this year.  The group grows. 

Edit:  Brian got back to me, Subie Stickers is on board for year 2.  Just changing the year to 24, keeping it simple.

Sounds great Mike. I can't speak for anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned save the time and effort of shipping, if you have space to bring them along anyway. Pickup is good.

Any chance of doing the shirts in charcoal/black this year? Love last years shirts, but I almost never wear anything in white/gray. Old habits. Hah! 

• Like 2

So for those interested in driving the glen, below is the info I got back about availability and cost for a group of 15 cars.

June 10th 5pm

June 11th noon or 5pm

June 12th noon or 5pm

June 13th noon or 5pm

For a group of your size it would be $25 per car if bought prior to coming to the track.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:00 PM, tysparks81 said:

So for those interested in driving the glen, below is the info I got back about availability and cost for a group of 15 cars.

June 10th 5pm

June 11th noon or 5pm

June 12th noon or 5pm

June 13th noon or 5pm

For a group of your size it would be $25 per car if bought prior to coming to the track.

That sounds amazing, if I only had a car.  Wifes RDX, lol.

• Like 1

I have been quite dormant and just skimming this. Thanks to all who have been keeping this going as I have done less than nothing for this. That being said I hope I can have my car ready in time, I have hopes and dreams to gift my wagon a new type RA (or regular 257) SB and refreshed heads for its 20th birthday year.

• Like 3

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

That sounds amazing, if I only had a car.  Wifes RDX, lol.

I mean its open to all so yes you can take the wifes.  Alternatively you are welcome to ride shotgun with me.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, m sprank said:

Mark your calendar.

ECM 2024 - Keuka Lake, NY

June 6  4pm - June 13 2024 10am (Weekend is 7/8/9)

Have you gotten the contract yet? Let us know the $$$ when you know!

• Like 2