LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

2 hours ago, jaylew said:

Ok, wow I have a lot to catch up on. Last I checked this was at like 3 pages long! Who knows if I will be in my LGT wagon for the next meet. Not getting rid of it, but might be pulling an @Enlight(car not being ready for the meet). I am getting sick of the oil burning (only been topping it off every fill up for 5 years now) and am in debate of 1) new short block, rebuild heads 2) just rebuild heads and send it 3) keep adding oil. I need to do a compression / leak down to determine if I go straight for the new short block.

Bring the wagon. I’ll bring my engine crane. Looked like there was a concrete pad/garage under the deck…. 🧑‍🔧

@Enlight can haul his Quickjacks in the u-haul trailer. 🤔

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Took a break to do a thing.  My sim rig is as complete as any modders project.  I have some final soldering to do and then dump some code into the controller on my button box.  I have some Hue lights coming for immersion (I work for Philips).  But I am "driving" again for the first time in over 3 weeks. 

Little known fact, IPT was not my first small business.  From early 2000 until 2008 I owned IcedPC.  Built custom gaming computers, desktops, office machines, servers and set up small business networks.  I held the 3dMarks world record for a short period and was sponsored by Asus, BFG, Danger Den and then EVGA.  Water cooling, Peltiers and eventually liquid nitrogen cooling to reach the WR.  I have not built a PC or spent much thought on the industry since. 

Like riding a bike.  My new 13thgen i913900k, Z790 Plus WIFI, RTX4090, 2TB NVME, 1000w, liquid cooled silicon lottery winner.  OC'd to 5.6ghz, ram at 7200mhz, running 0.05v under OEM intel spec.  Prime95 stable for 24 hours.  4K at 140+FPS with all setting on ULTRA.  If it can be made to go faster, I can do it.

New rig hardware is all Fanatec.  Podium DD2 wheel base.  20nm of linear torque and 25nm of peak torque.  Dedicated emergency kill switch (leg activated like a real race car).  Wrist breaking shit.  7 speed shifter, inverted pedals, a real hand brake.  Plus 4 different wheels, one for rally, one for GT, one for modern sports cars and one for F1.  Not leaving my basement until spring. 

20231004_115913.jpg

20231004_112416.jpg

20231004_120051.jpg

20231004_120133.jpg

20231004_120152.jpg

20231004_120215.jpg

20231001_214216.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You drive, I’ll sail. A pic of my berth for the next 3 nights and a great shot of Woodwind (red pendant on mast) and her sister ship Woodwind II (blue pendant, Wedding Crashers anyone?). We set sail on Woodwind tomorrow morning from Baltimore heading to just outside of Annapolis Md and race down the bay almost to Norfolk VA. Race starts at noon. Might take 12 hours (unlikely in the light wind forecasted), might take 40. Hopefully somewhere in the middle! if you are so inclined, use the link below to follow the race live.

Well it won’t let me paste the link. So Google The Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race. On the top right is a ‘watch the race’ button. 

IMG_5055.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, m sprank said:

Took a break to do a thing.  My sim rig is as complete as any modders project.  I have some final soldering to do and then dump some code into the controller on my button box.  I have some Hue lights coming for immersion (I work for Philips).  But I am "driving" again for the first time in over 3 weeks. 

Little known fact, IPT was not my first small business.  From early 2000 until 2008 I owned IcedPC.  Built custom gaming computers, desktops, office machines, servers and set up small business networks.  I held the 3dMarks world record for a short period and was sponsored by Asus, BFG, Danger Den and then EVGA.  Water cooling, Peltiers and eventually liquid nitrogen cooling to reach the WR.  I have not built a PC or spent much thought on the industry since. 

Like riding a bike.  My new 13thgen i913900k, Z790 Plus WIFI, RTX4090, 2TB NVME, 1000w, liquid cooled silicon lottery winner.  OC'd to 5.6ghz, ram at 7200mhz, running 0.05v under OEM intel spec.  Prime95 stable for 24 hours.  4K at 140+FPS with all setting on ULTRA.  If it can be made to go faster, I can do it.

New rig hardware is all Fanatec.  Podium DD2 wheel base.  20nm of linear torque and 25nm of peak torque.  Dedicated emergency kill switch (leg activated like a real race car).  Wrist breaking shit.  7 speed shifter, inverted pedals, a real hand brake.  Plus 4 different wheels, one for rally, one for GT, one for modern sports cars and one for F1.  Not leaving my basement until spring. 

20231004_115913.jpg

20231004_112416.jpg

20231004_120051.jpg

20231004_120133.jpg

20231004_120152.jpg

20231004_120215.jpg

20231001_214216.jpg

NIiiice.

Probably leaves just enough money after all that to go get a Datsun.

BUT, per the requirement that it be practical, and able to haul around some groceries, bikes, kid, camping gear etc... and generally be reliable. So, maybe not an S30, rather:

https://www.510forsale.com/1971-station-wagon-littleton

Even FI for all those cold winter days you get down south, no more chokes and priming the carb. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ok, I am finally able to get to some "me" time activities. Going back to page 1 so I can get an idea of what is going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

On 10/4/2023 at 10:26 PM, JJBerk said:

You drive, I’ll sail. A pic of my berth for the next 3 nights and a great shot of Woodwind (red pendant on mast) and her sister ship Woodwind II (blue pendant, Wedding Crashers anyone?). We set sail on Woodwind tomorrow morning from Baltimore heading to just outside of Annapolis Md and race down the bay almost to Norfolk VA. Race starts at noon. Might take 12 hours (unlikely in the light wind forecasted), might take 40. Hopefully somewhere in the middle! if you are so inclined, use the link below to follow the race live.

Well it won’t let me paste the link. So Google The Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race. On the top right is a ‘watch the race’ button. 

IMG_5055.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

We crossed the finish line 3 hours ago. The second place schooner isn’t there yet. 😎⛵⛵

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Single monitor is from console. I can now support triple screens (32's) with my gpu. But its MONEY. So that's on the future mod list. Motion is more than I can afford. Single 55" 120hz 4k oled it is for now. 

Like I said, it's as done as anything modded. I saw a few bits I liked more. So I bought all that new, returned old and put in a few more hours of labor.  

Hopefully the PC is done. Lol. 

20231006_221036.jpg

• Like 3

Technically your 86 can generate approx 6nm of torque at the wheel. My sim can generate 25nm of torque. That's like your 86 at 1000mph.  I just don't get the same adrenaline from g forces and fear.  

No its not real driving.  But we live in the Matrix anyway.

• Haha 3

I chopped a coyote in half with my 91 ser.  The front bumper sat about 1" off the ground.  I caught air.  So did wiley. Both of him.  Sorry about the 86.

It's modding. Case came with a bracket, I had never used one. After testing, zero change to temps or gpu benchmarking. Less stress on mb and pcb so.... vertical?

Button box is done. Test was a success.  New cable for perm mount arrives tomorrow. Going to test a streamdeck as well.  But the tactile button box is all about immersion. 

Under $30 for a 7.1 usb external sound card. So.... wiring up my bass shakers as front/rear and left/right (1 for each corner) and having sim hub send the signals based on telemetry rather than just the audio bass. Immersion.

20231009_201707.jpg

• Like 4

I had to stop using my driving rig for GT7, started driving the Ascent and the wagon like I was doing a time trial and bump drafting.

My wife:

"Why are you so effing close to this guy?"

"Jesus, are you gonna brake?"

"Why are the tires squealing going around these turns?"

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chronuss said:

I had to stop using my driving rig for GT7, started driving the Ascent and the wagon like I was doing a time trial and bump drafting.

My wife:

"Why are you so effing close to this guy?"

"Jesus, are you gonna brake?"

"Why are the tires squealing going around these turns?"

Sounds like my husband while I’m driving (which is always).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Planning to meet @JJBerk for dinner in Harpers Ferry next week.  "Locals" welcome. 

Should have the rental agreement in the next week or so.  Fingers crossed nothing has changed and we can make a decision on ECM 24 locale.  Subie Stickers is set for another round of slaps.  I can have tees made again too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

340 blows.  But is should be better when they are done.  At least safer from falling boulders. 

Rabbit hole is good too.  I like to stop there after hiking.  Beer selection. 

For dinner The Anvil used to be good.  But it got so bad it closed. Not sure what happened. 

White Horse Tavern is in front of Clarion and should accommodate an indoor sit down dinner best.   Might be able to get a reservation.  Thinking Thursday but will make sure with the Boss this evening.  Busy weeknights with Halloween.

I am 5 minutes from the KOA (HFNP).  How do you like the "locals village" in back?  I am off Job Corp.  I can always cook for you if you want "home cooking" too.

• Like 1

Oh wow, I have actually read through the whole thread. Learned a lot about racing gigs and have a slight idea that the place has been chosen and early November there may be an invoice coming. Which is great, as my boys and I are looking forward to it!

The wagon is probably not going to be driven at Watkins Glen. During the ECM trip the engine was pushing the coolant out of the expansion tank. We made the trip to PA safely but I am not sure I want to risk it. Not in the position to deal with the engine right now - at 248K it needs new short block, not just head gaskets.

Will see where it all stands closer to date.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K