LegacyGT.com

New vs Old Timing Tensioner Bracket

Hi, I am doing a timing belt job on my 97 legacy and found that the tensioner was of the newer style while the tensioner I got with the Aisin kit is an old style, I read that to go from the old to new tensioner you had to get a new bracket for it, but I haven't found much info about it. So is it true that if I wanna replace the new style tensioner with the older style I have to replace the mounting bracket, and if so where should I get one? Thank you guys

EDIT: Okay I am dumb, I will definitely need to switch brackets, is there anywhere I can buy them? 

Edited by gorillafan208

I probably have one at work, have you done any research for the part number you need?

parts.subaru.com was not helpful, car is too old.  Using opposedforces they show two possible brackets, there is what looks to be the newer style bracket, and this one which appears to be the older style, can you confirm? https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru__/Engine-Timing-Belt-Tensioner-Bracket-CP-TensionerTiming-Belt-Tensioner/49224960/13086AA012.html

It is true that if you want to replace the newer style tensioner with the older style, you will need to replace the mounting bracket. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where you can purchase one, but I would recommend checking with your local auto parts store or doing a quick online search. You may also want to check with a Subaru dealership to see if they have any available.

This is what you need right?  No idea what to price it at since it's unobtanium 😅  the one site I found with a price was $150 list with it 'on sale' for $100.  So if this is what you need, how's $75 shipped sound? PM me and I'll send you my paypal information.

PXL_20230503_121839360.jpg

PXL_20230503_121809123.jpg