LegacyGT.com

2.5i Swap/Power increase advice

Hey! I am in the process of purchasing a 2.5i '06 Legacy, the motor seems to be in great condition and extremely well kept, so I'd hate to waste it, is there anything I can do forced-induction-wise or any other power-adders that would be compatible with that engine, and if not, what EJ would be the simplest swap?

2.5i can be fun to drive as a manual, with some better sway bars and maybe tires and suspension. Aside from that, the above comments are correct, and the money will be much better spent just getting a GT out the gate. Make it handle a little better and enjoy it for what it is! There are supercharger kits out there, but they're probably worth twice what the car is at this point....

Take a minute to figure out what you *really* want from the car, and ask around here about how to do it, and what it will cost, etc.. These cars were kind of expensive when new, and there will be plenty that is ready to be replaced on any 4th Gen GT you find. Clearly, everyone here likes their GT, and we probably all spend way too much money on them, so join the club!

Just as a reference, I have a *lightly* modded "Stage 2" car that is still rusty and in need of work, and THAT was like purchase cost +$7-8K CAD...

Thanks for all the advice, I will definitely be spending my money on handling mods then, and honestly I saw a few of these on marketplace and they looked like fun, cheap stick shift AWD cars, which was exactly what I was looking for, it just seemed a little lacking in power compared to my other options, I will be leaving the motor stock and focusing on other aspects when it comes to modding, thank you all so much for the advice!

• Like 3

+1 to all the above comments. Please don't sink any money into searching for HP from one of these motors. The EJ253 is not designed for it, and the costs very much so outweigh the benefits. I've had two of these cars now. Both have unmodified powertrain, but modified everything else. The manual transmission makes for a really good time.

Check out my current one here: 

MILKRUN  - Click Here