LegacyGT.com

FS, SWPA/Pgh area - JmP Custom billet VF40

I’m currently running a XSBoost Turbochargers billet vf40. It was brand new when installed like 5k miles ago and seemed to be a very high quality turbo. Very similar to, but idk whether as good as a JmP custom. I’d buy one again.

Unfortunately my motor leaks enough oil that the more boost I’m into the more oil it pushes out. I’m using a Cobb ots stg2 tune also, but I keep out of WOT. I’m hoping to Sunday drive it to and from the meet, eventually cross 200k miles, and then tear it all apart and start over.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 4:25 PM, BoozeRS05 said:

I’m currently running a XSBoost Turbochargers billet vf40. It was brand new when installed like 5k miles ago and seemed to be a very high quality turbo. Very similar to, but idk whether as good as a JmP custom. I’d buy one again.

Unfortunately my motor leaks enough oil that the more boost I’m into the more oil it pushes out. I’m using a Cobb ots stg2 tune also, but I keep out of WOT. I’m hoping to Sunday drive it to and from the meet, eventually cross 200k miles, and then tear it all apart and start over.

Or...Bring all of your parts and we will quickly upgrade your car with the parts you bring with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

While both Melett and IHI have US based operations they are not US companies.  IHI Corp is located in Japan.  Melett limited in UK based. 

So, while I can not say who XS uses for certain, it is most likely not IHI. 

I see that Pure Turbos has both VF40s and VF46s in stock.  $500 to rebuild yours (complete rebuild including disassemble, cleaning, checking all tolerances and dimensions, polishing turbine shaft, media blasting, honing, new bearings, new seals, new thrust components, dynamic balancing, reassemble, VSR cartridge balancing.)  They are the only US based shop that can properly rebuild and VSR cartridge balance ball bearing turbos.

• Thanks 1