LegacyGT.com

Gilly’s 5th gen

fxtgilly

Hey all, my name’s Josh. I’m 19 and have just acquired my 3rd Subie, a 2011 Legacy GT Limited. Graphite Grey on black interior with the carbon trim stuff, 6MT which they all came in I think. It’s really nice, deceptively quick, and way too quiet! That being said I’ve owned it for less than a day, so that can wait.

For a little background, my first car was an 04’ 5speed forester, which is what got me into Subarus and modifying them, I lowered it (and now have lifted it) and a few other small things, but mostly saved up to buy my second Subaru, which I bought right after my 18th birthday. My 03’ wrx was my pride and joy until some old lady blew through a stop sign at an intersection on my way to work, luckily nobody was hurt! Since it was deemed her fault, her insurance handed us a check, we bought it back (probably to part it out) and while hunting for a replacement I came upon the Legacy. Too good of a deal to pass up!

I have a couple of plans to mod it, it came with an accessport v2 and I already put the stage 1 93 map on it, but my WRX was fully catless with a few other things, so at some point I’d like to at least delete the mufflers, maybe go stage 2 or something. Definitely lowering it and some aesthetic stuff as well.

Anyways I’m gonna be trolling the forums around here for info on any 5th gen stuff I can find, thanks for looking!

CD6E094B-D103-4726-BDED-EDD408137EB9.jpeg

16AAECB4-DAB4-4931-A2AF-615851773BA4.jpeg

E4A7A227-3456-4EAA-ACF8-86F37B717D31.jpeg

E2E06784-7449-4867-AAD4-9786BF65D712.jpeg

Edited by fxtgilly
  • Like 1

• fxtgilly changed the title to Gilly’s 5th gen
  • 1 month later...

Congrats and welcome to the club!

This forum has been a great source of 5th gen info for me, and I hope it will be for you too.

I suggest to start with the stickies, they are oldies but goodies with lots of 5th gen specific info.

On 2/5/2023 at 7:03 AM, fxtgilly said:

Anyways I’m gonna be trolling the forums around here for info

we prefer if you trawl for the information, we don't take too kindly to trolls around here.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Scubaboo said:

Congrats and welcome to the club!

This forum has been a great source of 5th gen info for me, and I hope it will be for you too.

I suggest to start with the stickies, they are oldies but goodies with lots of 5th gen specific info.

Oh yeah, i’ve already learned a lot on here. so far it’s been a near perfect daily driver. excited to see what i can do with it though!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OK, I know this might sound petty, but the first thing I would do is get 25mm spacers for the rear and 20mm for the front. I could not get over the rear track being noticeably shorter than the front, so this made a huge difference in the look of the car to me.

Just two cents from a Baltimoron.