LegacyGT.com

FS (UT) STI/Cusco chassis bracing + fog lights

•Sti option non-flexible front subframe brace in fantastic shape, best I've ever seen - SOLD

•Cusco front power brace, good shape $SOLD

•Cusco long rear subframe brace, surface rust $200 shipped

•Diode dynamics Sport amber led fogs for facelift bumpers (usdm and jdm), some scuffs on one from moving around in storage but they have never even seen movement on the road. Imperfections not seen when mounted. $SOLD

20220909204017_IMG_0067.JPG

Notes_221222_130503_6fa.jpg

Notes_221222_130506_ee1.jpg

684-492-FM_1_900x.jpg

684-492-R_1_900x.jpg

20221201_180053.jpg

20221201_180100.jpg

Edited by 08Spec_B

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got the time to tear into the front end of the car and do the rust repair it has needed forever.

I was looking forward to installing the Cusco front barce while I was at it, but..... It doesn't fit.

Some digging around the internets shows that these don't fit up to USDM crash bars. JDM fitment only.

So.... caveat emptor, shame on me and all that.

BUT, it is customary and considered polite to mention fitment issues when selling something on here.

Maybe next time you list things that don't fit most people's cars you can make that clear in the ad. Now
I've got a brace that needs a JDM crash bar to work with. Great.

@KZJonny I have never seen anything that said that those cusco braces dont fit usdm. What is off about them? Have any links for reference? 

It was never run or put onto my car since I have a large fmic that doesnt allow for any crash bar. I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't seem to work. In my mind that it installed when the crash bar is removed to keep rigidity, never thought about it working with a stock crash bar tbh...

Neither had I, until I couldn't figure out how to get it to mate up. So I spent a little time digging, and some websites do have a warning that says - "JDM only".

It can be done, but I will have to decide if I want to cut up a USDM crash bar to clear the brace. I may even have an old spare one kicking around someplace I can experiment on. I seems that the parts that need to be cut away just support one nut that the headlight bracket attaches to. The attachment point does not need to be removed, just some of the metal around it. Since it is only supporting the weight of the headlight (!?) I don't think it's going to cause any structural/safety problems, but it'll be a fair bit of work to do it right, and have it come out looking good.

Didn't mean to come off particularly angry, it's annoying to have a thing you think is going to bolt up during reassembly, only to find out that you're in for a pile more work. I don't think I'd have bought it, knowing it would need a JDM crash bar ($$$!!!) or surgery to my car as is.

I accept that you didn't know it wouldn't fit, and I made the assumption it came off of your car, which is totally on me. I'm just a little grumpy about it.

For the record, and anyone reading this, I'll stress that the transaction was seamless, shipping was fast and the seller worked with me to find a better deal on shipping than first estimates.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Neither had I, until I couldn't figure out how to get it to mate up. So I spent a little time digging, and some websites do have a warning that says - "JDM only".

It can be done, but I will have to decide if I want to cut up a USDM crash bar to clear the brace. I may even have an old spare one kicking around someplace I can experiment on. I seems that the parts that need to be cut away just support one nut that the headlight bracket attaches to. The attachment point does not need to be removed, just some of the metal around it. Since it is only supporting the weight of the headlight (!?) I don't think it's going to cause any structural/safety problems, but it'll be a fair bit of work to do it right, and have it come out looking good.

Didn't mean to come off particularly angry, it's annoying to have a thing you think is going to bolt up during reassembly, only to find out that you're in for a pile more work. I don't think I'd have bought it, knowing it would need a JDM crash bar ($$$!!!) or surgery to my car as is.

I accept that you didn't know it wouldn't fit, and I made the assumption it came off of your car, which is totally on me. I'm just a little grumpy about it.

For the record, and anyone reading this, I'll stress that the transaction was seamless, shipping was fast and the seller worked with me to find a better deal on shipping than first estimates.

If you decide you don't want it, let me know, I may be interested.

36 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

If you decide you don't want it, let me know, I may be interested.

Sure thing. Mainly will depend on whether or not I did actually packrat the crash bar from parts car a while ago... I think I did.

Also, the rad core support replacement went well and in hindsight, I don't think it provides any meaningful bracing aross the front of unibody, it just holds up the rad, mainly. (yeah, yeah, yeah... everything is structural...)

I'll try to figure it out before the ECM anyway. It's big enough that shipping was okay, but not cheap!

• Like 1