LegacyGT.com

Group N trans mount.

bdcvg

• 2 weeks later...

Trans mount in no issues. 103 lbs worked fine . Side note the other noise I experienced after Group N motor mounts was 95 % erased by correcting tire pressures. The sweet spot for My set-up appears to be 35 frt and 32 rear.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 103ftlbs...I have never torqued those bolts, I just tighten them. I'm sure nowhere near 103ftlbs...for some reason, that sounds like a lot to me.

But I do torque all lug nuts to 80ftlbs, using anti-seize compound.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

On 11/18/2022 at 10:37 AM, Max Capacity said:

Wow, 103ftlbs...I have never torqued those bolts, I just tighten them. I'm sure nowhere near 103ftlbs...for some reason, that sounds like a lot to me.

But I do torque all lug nuts to 80ftlbs, using anti-seize compound.

80 is probably enough, but spec is 120nm or, 88.5ft-lb.  At least on all the current stuff, I remember looking up spec for my 2001 impreza and legacy and it is 88nm or, 65ft-lb... that seems WAY too light.  But the wheels weighed less too.

On 11/22/2022 at 6:53 PM, BoozeRS05 said:

Any opinion. Will I want to replace the original crossmember bushings with 198k miles while I’m in there?

I also tighten my wheel lugs to 88ftlb fwiw

I used Energy bushings in the crossmember and regret it, two squeaky years later. Go OEM.