LegacyGT.com

Sneak preview of JL Audio CES demo vehicle!

msmith

Also, where did you end up installing the remote volume knob?

I wired mine up through the cupholder it just sticks out about 1 inch from right under the pass heat seater....nice and easy to reach...

I'm curious where they put it too, I looked and looked for a place I thought where I put it was the best place for me....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen the volume next to the shifter as well, and I think there was one in the cigarette tray somewhere... I want to get a Cleansweep (price is a KILLER) and I also want to do a stealth install for it so that if I ever do get rid of the car I can keep my Cleansweep and not have to replace a bunch of parts on the car.

I think the coolest looking one was where the person took out the heated seat knobs and made a custom panel for it, but I didnt like the fact that the seats wouldnt work then, love my seats.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

The volume knob for the CleanSweep and the Remote Bass Control for the subwoofer amplifier are mounted in a custom plate that replaced the seat heater controls... here in Florida, seat heaters are not exactly a useful feature.

That looks good, but unfortunately I still like my heated seats... And ask me what the use is for them in Texas, I have NO idea, but I still like them.

I still wonder where I could place my volume knob where it wouldnt require me to replace parts if I remove it, and still easy to access... :| But I guess thats the price you pay for awesome sound... :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Manville, I'm sure impressed! Maybe this has been covered elsewhere, but why don't you guys sell stuff online. No offence to your dealer network, but car audio salespeople around here are, um, "interesting" to put it mildly. No online sales makes it very tough to price compare. And, if I can help, I just prefer not to deal with some shady high school kid tring to rip me off.... Otherwise, keep up the good work, I hope to see some "stealth" boxes for our LGTs!

Edit: should have read your website completely, above still stands though.

The volume knob for the CleanSweep and the Remote Bass Control for the subwoofer amplifier are mounted in a custom plate that replaced the seat heater controls... here in Florida, seat heaters are not exactly a useful feature.

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/2672/06lgtconsoleopen5up.th.jpg

First I must compliment the JL crew for an awesomely clean install, as many others have. With all the custom work the crew did, I'd have to ask if one more modification could have been performed. Is there any reasonable way to disconnect the factory volume knob from the factory radio and tie it into the cleansweep system? That would be the icing on the cake in this otherwise factory looking install. Very Nice indeed, ENJOY!

~Scott & Nadia

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

225/60HR16 BFG Traction T/A's

Scott and Nadia,

I really didn't want to modify the OE Radio... the CS volume knob is actually a whole lot more comfortable to use than the OE knob. It falls right to hand. I never even touch the OE knob anymore.

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

MSMITH,

I put my amps in the cargo area as well, It appears to me you have ventilation on the upper right corner of the enclosure, is that correct?

I ran my amps last summer and I had very little condensed heat (normal) on the amps after long trips. I did in fact think want to put some fans in there but I didnt want to deal with it unles it was necessary.

Did you have failure or increased temps?

thanks

Iggy

I have a vent at the rear of the spare tire well cover.. it's the mesh covered, chrome trimmed piece

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=latch34viewsmall1yf.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legacyhatchclosedsmall2xa.jpg

I've run the system fairly hard for 3-4 hours straight without any thermal issues. No fans.

Archived