LegacyGT.com

another one bites the dust...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the white sticker on the back of the rear passenger window, it says property of NYPD and you'll be arrested or something if you tamper with the car. It's on the corner of Canal and Elizabeth and there's a precinct on Elizabeth like 50 ft from there. That area of Canal seems to have other cars that the NYPD towed their. The car is under 1000ft from the accident spot.:p

The car has mods and I'm sure it's someone on here.

Wow, I need to go see it since I work near there. I can't believe how messed up it is! Yeah, around there they'll catch you real quickly if you try to take anything from it. I work in fornt of precint 1, and they towed all sorts of F*upped cars all the time, and they stay there for months before being removed.

X

---

I bet you that if he is he was here probably just a lurker, because a poster would have at least stepped up. If he was a poster, maybe he just turned into a lurker.

If it was me, I would at least step up and tell my side of the story here.

X

---

I bet you that if he is he was here probably just a lurker, because a poster would have at least stepped up. If he was a poster, maybe he just turned into a lurker.

If I killed someone with my driving I'd probably quickly convert to lurker mode too! In fact I probably would out of shame if I did any glaringly stupid act of incompetent driving.

If it was me, I would at least step up and tell my side of the story here.

I am curious if there's a bigger picture to this story though. If in some way he was not driving dangerously then you'd think he would step up but the signs aren't good.

You're right, he probably wouldn't want to incriminate himself. In my spare time I was doing searches for grill mods, painted calipers, and NY since I see that it had both and might have posted it to show.

Nevermind, forgot the post had his name.

That's just a sad situation all the way around, but I have to agree that's an awful lot of damage for city driving speeds, especially to have gotten airborne. I doubt very seriously if posting on here is his #1 priority right now, and likely a lawyer has a clamp on him, so we may not hear from him until this case is over. That could be a while considering all that is involved, everything from possible vehicular manslaughter to damage to public property and all the ensuing lawsuits in between. I am glad the occupants were all right (until they contact a lawyer) and hope the other pedestrian comes out okay. Rest assured there will be several civil lawsuits on this one. One thing I sure do feel sorry for the driver is for the nightmares...I sure do sympathize with him for those, still being in the Army like I am.

- NY Plates CZU 6986

- Silver LGT

- Red calipers <---- Hmmm....

- Limited trim

- 5EAT

- "2006 Subaru registered to Brian Leaver, 21, of Saugerties, N.Y."

Get to work.

Further to the "was he speeding excessively" question, I think the lack of any apparent modifications except for the grille and red paint on the calipers is telling me - yup - speeding - typical younger-male-I-want-to-look-fast-so-I-can-show-off-to-my-three-homies type modifications.

Further to the "was he speeding excessively" question, I think the lack of any apparent modifications except for the grille and red paint on the calipers is telling me - yup - speeding - typical younger-male-I-want-to-look-fast-so-I-can-show-off-to-my-three-homies type modifications.

A lot of guys here with similar mods also happen to have up-pipes, downpipes, and engine management.

Tell me which of those you'd be able to see in the pictures posted to this thread.

A lot of guys here with similar mods also happen to have up-pipes, downpipes, and engine management.

Tell me which of those you'd be able to see in the pictures posted to this thread.

Granted, I would not be able to see the Cobb AP (unless the driver's door was ripped open a little further) or the UP/DP, but painting the calipers red? on a silver car? I put those in the same category as "got NOs?" stickers on 95ish cavalier - not good for much except making adolescents feel their cars are faster.

Unless the guy decides to tell his side, we'll never know for sure, but the extent of the damage coupled with the aforementioned appearance mods coupled with the comments from people with local knowledge about the area paint a pretty convincing picture...

PS - can't beleive the car has sat there so long... - would have been towed away in minutes around here.

Update found this http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_136/policeblotter.html

Fatal Canal St. accident

One man died and another was injured at 8:06 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10 when a car coming off the Manhattan Bridge skidded on an ice patch, plowed into a cab and then struck two pedestrians at the notoriously dangerous intersection of Bowery and Canal St.

Police said Wad Lin Ya, 42, was crossing the street when the car ran him over. He was declared dead at Bellevue Hospital and another Asian man, 52, not otherwise identified by police, was taken to Bellevue in stable condition.

The incident was deemed an accident and the driver, Brian Leaver, of Saugerties, N.Y., was not charged.

A Transportation Alternatives study of pedestrian-auto accidents during the three-year period 1999-2001 showed two deaths and 14 injury accidents during the study period at the Canal St./Bowery ramp at the Manhattan Bridge.

The Lower Manhattan Development Corporation and the city are planning to make pedestrian safety improvements.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Sorry to all that was involved.

You all need to respect everyone here and not speculate as to what happened. Just because he’s 21 doesn’t mean he was acting crazy nor means his reaction time and driving ability is compromised. Crazy things can happen at just 30 MPH. That is a bad intersection and WHO KNOWS what happened. Also, what’s the point of finding the guy if he is on here. I would feel like SHIT if I killed someone and wouldn't be thinking about getting to LegacyGT.com to post ALL ABOUT IT.

I think we need to give our sympathy to the families effected. Maybe instead of tracking down the driver maybe we should all send flowers and cards to the family of the person that was killed while minding there own business. Wow guys wow.

Dave

Sorry to all that was involved.

You all need to respect everyone here and not speculate as to what happened. Just because he’s 21 doesn’t mean he was acting crazy nor means his reaction time and driving ability is compromised. Crazy things can happen at just 30 MPH. That is a bad intersection and WHO KNOWS what happened. Also, what’s the point of finding the guy if he is on here. I would feel like SHIT if I killed someone and wouldn't be thinking about getting to LegacyGT.com to post ALL ABOUT IT.

I think we need to give our sympathy to the families effected. Maybe instead of tracking down the driver maybe we should all send flowers and cards to the family of the person that was killed while minding there own business. Wow guys wow.

Exactly why I get pissed every time people here go bananas about an accident. They seem to want to go grab their popcorn and soda and sit back and joke.

Archived