LegacyGT.com

Ok so my car is starting to scare me now.

This has no been a good week for me and my car.My car is a little shy of 12,000 miles its a 5mt.

1st Problem: I hear a hissing sound, find out it is a disconnected vacuum hose underneath the intercooler. Reconnect that at 1030 at night with a flashlight.

10 minutes later:

2nd Problem:The metallic tabs holding my end tank onto my intercooler blow out, and i have a gigantic boost leak, car feels like I am getting pushed backwards while boosting.-Fix that the next night at around 8:00p.m.

Everything is O.K. for a day

3rd Problem: I hear a dull clanking metallic sound coming from around my intercooler/passenger side intake manifold. Check the oil which i had checked 2 days before(and it was fine) and it is now completely empty. Looked under the car.. no leak. Fill her up w/ 2 bottles of 5w-30- oil level is fine, clanking sound still there.

Tuesday the car is going in for service.. My mods thus far are Crucial DP, STI Up-AP STG II reflash, and BLITZ DD BOV (100% atmospheric BOV). Do you think i should take off all my aftermarket parts and put on the stockers, because i have a feeling this is not just a loose bolt based on the "Vacation Pics" Engine Sound Problem Page. "Valve Mechanism is Defective" "Broken Valve Spring," are just a few of the conditions described by having a clanking metallic sound.

IM SCARED! LOL, any advice.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

This has no been a good week for me and my car.My car is a little shy of 12,000 miles its a 5mt.

1st Problem: I hear a hissing sound, find out it is a disconnected vacuum hose underneath the intercooler. Reconnect that at 1030 at night with a flashlight.

10 minutes later:

2nd Problem:The metallic tabs holding my end tank onto my intercooler blow out, and i have a gigantic boost leak, car feels like I am getting pushed backwards while boosting.-Fix that the next night at around 8:00p.m.

Everything is O.K. for a day

3rd Problem: I hear a dull clanking metallic sound coming from around my intercooler/passenger side intake manifold. Check the oil which i had checked 2 days before(and it was fine) and it is now completely empty. Looked under the car.. no leak. Fill her up w/ 2 bottles of 5w-30- oil level is fine, clanking sound still there.

Tuesday the car is going in for service.. My mods thus far are Crucial DP, STI Up-AP STG II reflash, and BLITZ DD BOV (100% atmospheric BOV). Do you think i should take off all my aftermarket parts and put on the stockers, because i have a feeling this is not just a loose bolt based on the "Vacation Pics" Engine Sound Problem Page. "Valve Mechanism is Defective" "Broken Valve Spring," are just a few of the conditions described by having a clanking metallic sound.

IM SCARED! LOL, any advice.

Ohhhhh, you're not stock. :munch:

I keed I keeed

The Vacuum hose under the intercooler popping off is a common problem w/ stage 2 increased boost. If you plan to take the car in for service for an engine problem - plan on paying if you don't remove all stage 2 parts. Also make sure you unmarry your AP if you have one.

no i said there is a strange clanking noise. I fixed the other problems, my clanking noise might be normal in cold weather (which is what im hoping). But i have a feeling it is not true.I will see what happens soon enough

They can detect that your car is running higher boost levels, and that's enough to stop the show right there. I know, that's what happened to me.

Just unmarry the AP, or you may get away with loading the stock Realtime map,just don't go in there and assume they aren't going to check boost levels.

Mike

too my knowledge they cannot detect the ap. They can just detect the cat delete codes. AND I WONT HAVE TO PAY IF NOTHING IS WRONG, YOU GUYS HAVE NO HOPE FOR ME!!

They can detect that your car is running higher boost levels, and that's enough to stop the show right there. I know, that's what happened to me.

Just unmarry the AP, or you may get away with loading the stock Realtime map,just don't go in there and assume they aren't going to check boost levels.

Mike

Out of curiousity, what exactly did they say to you? What did you have your car in for? Did they totally void the warranty on your engine?

update.. the sounds is back lol... its more of a ticking sound almost like a drivebelt, but its coming from near the turbocharger/cylinder/intake manifold. Is there really a point in unmarrying my AP because im not busting my ass to take off my downpipe and up-pipe and BOV if i dont even know anything is wrong. I dont want to sound ignorant, but i feel like if they really looked hard enough they would be able to tell I've modded my car regardless( even if i replaced the aftermarket parts with the stock parts again). Im just going to pray nothing is wrong and kick myself if there is.

Out of curiousity, what exactly did they say to you? What did you have your car in for? Did they totally void the warranty on your engine?

They said that the regional service rep had no intrest in continuing to persue the cause of the vibration issue that my car was exhibiting.

It has a slight vibration between 2500 and 2900 rpm, 5th gear, full throttle.

Only does it when I am pushing higher than stock boost and tq.

(Suspect is some sort of clutch type mechanism in tranny to driveline "viscous coupler"?)

They made note of aftermarket springs, upgraded top mount intercooler, performance up pipe, trimmed turbo heat shield(suspected aftermarket turbo), and they recorded boost in excess of 18 lbs (suspected a re-programming of the ecu)

They did not void anything, only refused to furthur diagnose the vibration at their cost.

I do have all the tools, i did the dp/up install myself and fix everything myself. However, i have no check engine light codes and am concerned about the noise it is making. It has no effect on my driving, just bothersome and makes me worry about pushing the car ( i want to have fun with this car, dont want to drive it like a grandma, and overall want it too be healthy!)

more interesting sounds.. on my drive to subaru. Once im on boost it sounds like that sound u get when you pinch the end of a balloon and let the air out slowly (that kind farting whining sound). FUCKING GREAT i say.. pull over to side of the highway swap out my Blitz BOV w/ my stock bpv and check the ic and unmarry my ap, as well as looking for loose prongs (none to be seen). Go into subaru yeah so now i have metallical clanking sounds and a boost leak somewhere. "Have you added anyting onto your car?" ME: "Yes only exhaust compenents however." "We will not look at it." Me "Are you aware of the Magnuson Moss Warantee Act, you cant really say its voided until you prove my exhaust was directly the cause of the problem." "Ok we will take a look at it as well as doing your allignment and oil change, but we will charge you if it is a big problem, it will not be covered under warantee." Me: "OK, when do you think the car will be ready?" "Possibly tommorow, we will give you a call"

GREAAATTTTT-Wish me luck guys.

no this is much worse.. you can feel it vibrating and it feels as though something is lifting off. its not just a hissing sounds its loud and obnoxious and is directly affected by the boost.. you can barely drive the car, i had to stay under 2000 rpms the entire way there.

Archived