LegacyGT.com

Current tuning solutions

Hey, all, this news slammed me today. I just bought the latest V3 AP on April 5, and they didn't say jack squat about this. Moreover, the shop I've worked with for years -- trying not to name them here because of their relationship to Cobb -- has just completed a 2-month project on my 05 wagon.

I took the car in February for a JDM TD04HLA twinscroll swap with AVO intercooler, downpipe and EBCS. As they got into the swap, however, the 169k motor needed replacing. I acquired an OEM shortblock and a set of new B25 head castings off these great forums. The shop finally started it yesterday and are sorting out the car for break-in tune, as this news came in.

Their suggestion today is to use the car's older AP for break-in tune, and acquire an EcuTek for the subsequent tune. Try to return this paperweight V3...

"EcuTek is our solution so it's not a big deal, only sad part is the fact they they dropped this bombshell on us without any notices... EcuTek has the appropriate ROMS, open source is a hijacked version of EcuTek"

I want to add, the aspects of my swap affected by this are (1) the JDM intake which is TGV-less, and (2) the JDM twinscroll exhaust which has no EGR sensor in the up-pipe. They're among the "toggled" items regarding exhaust/emissions.

I'm sure it was a tough decision for Cobb, but geez, why can't the tuning of an automobile be left to the owner of the automobile?

You're lucky my preferred shop will not go the ECU tek route.

It's pony up for link or go else where.

Tough decision there is a reputable remote tuner that will do ECU tek

750 for cable and license

550 for Tune

700 for their compatible flex fuel kit

Or

1250 for the link

Think they can make Cobb flex fuel kit work but will have to pay shop rate for the wiring and trouble shooting so big ?

750 for the tune

Doubt anyone will buy my accesport now or the intake and box , I guess I mild build it would be ok.

Third option, put the stock fueling and turbo back on, flash stage two OTS tune

Sell car and turbo , injectors, FPR, damper , and tgv and buy Porsche

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Sell car and turbo , injectors, FPR, damper , and tgv and buy Porsche

Speaking of which, does this announcement affect other Cobb car crowds at all? Seems like it’s mostly Subaru…haven’t seen much otherwise.

I would go ecutek or link and skip the flex fuel right now to save some coin. Someone may still buy the AP they still have a use. There is some rumor that Cobb will refund but who knows...I get why they did what they did but the way they did it was complete trash and screwed a lot of customers.

Or another option is to leave your deletes on and stay cobb. Wait for a carb compliant version of flex from Cobb.

Point is, don't be too hasty and see what shakes out.

Well... I bought a used APV3 right after I started this thread, before I learned Cobb had pulled the stage 2 maps from their website. I figured no problem, the AP will have the stage 2 maps on it. Well, it doesn't. Rather than start the string of obscenities on the tip of my tongue...

Can anyone please please please send me the stage 2 maps? Please PM, thank you.

^^^ what he said.

My used AP had no maps on it, and I only put the Stage 1 map on it when I married it to my OBXT. Because why would I put every potential map I could use on it?

My local shop seems very confident about using the link , waiting to hear back but he thinks he may even have one in stock that will work.

I'm guessing with these changes the pin out compatibility and some work flows for getting it running correctly will be available very soon.

Part of me is considering just putting stock turbo and injectors and turbo back on , throwing a ap staged canned tune on it and selling it and buying the boxster I have been eyeing.

Getting kinda frustrated.

PRERacing in Portland does open source tunes. I'm not their biggest fan, to say the least, but they're an option.

Well... I bought a used APV3 right after I started this thread, before I learned Cobb had pulled the stage 2 maps from their website. I figured no problem, the AP will have the stage 2 maps on it. Well, it doesn't. Rather than start the string of obscenities on the tip of my tongue...

Can anyone please please please send me the stage 2 maps? Please PM, thank you.

My v3 has all the stage two maps mine car

is a 2005 not sure what year yours is.

Anyone know how to back up the maps from the AP

I would be rather scared to plug it into cob software right now

Backing up the maps from the AP can only be done via the AccessPort Manager. The AccessPort Manager will NOT do anything bad like take the stage 2 maps off your AccessPort. It is just file transfer software and does not know or care anything about the specifics of the maps. Cobb cannot and would not want to "suck" the stage 2 maps off your AP via the AccessPort Manager. The maps you have are yours to keep, and Cobb would not have legal rights to take them away even if they wanted to.

Edited by relative4

My v3 has all the stage two maps mine car

is a 2005 not sure what year yours is.

Just don't update the Accessport via Accessport manager and you're fine.

FWIW, someone just pulled the '07 STi stage 2 maps off their APV3 for me, nothing awful happened, and I can view them in my AP manager, and I can copy them onto my AP. I can't use them in my car of course, but I'm going to post a public repository of all the no-longer-available OTS maps I can get, so anyone can download them.

Anyone please send me any and all stage 2 OTS maps, but especially the 2005 LGT/OBXT 5MT. Thanks!

536918719_APManagerscreenshot.thumb.jpg.b65f3e726cc44e1fa6487f506a82092d.jpg

FWIW, someone just pulled the '07 STi stage 2 maps off their APV3 for me, nothing awful happened, and I can view them in my AP manager, and I can copy them onto my AP. I can't use them in my car of course, but I'm going to post a public repository of all the no-longer-available OTS maps I can get, so anyone can download them.

Anyone please send me any and all stage 2 OTS maps, but especially the 2005 LGT/OBXT 5MT. Thanks!

[ATTACH]295996[/ATTACH]

Ok cool beans , will do that this weekend,mine has all the stage two for the 05 including with Cobb intake and different wastegatate duty cycles

If you read the FAQ Cobb stated that only the tuner software is effected. They are not pushing updates to the AP. They state that it will not effect your current tunes. Only effects tunes if they are tweaked in the tuning software going forward.

That being said...If I don't have to I won't update mine. But I have been getting revisions and backing my tunes up to today.