LegacyGT.com

Struts and Shocks/Springs opinions

They are usually on the rear springs. They sit on top of the top hat, you can get to about 3/8" before you need longer studs. For what size, depends how much you are sagging and what your goal is. Do you want level with the front, a slight rake down to the front, etc.

I think I had 3/8" and 1/2" spacers at different times depending what I was running for a spring/strut combo. Generally I would install everything, drive around for a couple weeks for it to settle, then measure center of wheel arch to center of wheel for front and back and decide how much I needed. Or you could just eyeball it and go with something like 3/8" :lol:

I've had a few sets of Paranoid's https://www.paranoidfabrications.com/collections/subaru-legacy/products/00-15-rear-subaru-legacy-lift-spacers?variant=30024624653

Now I'm running a set of King KSRL-29 rear springs and no longer need a saggy butt spacer.

I went and ordered 1/2" Saggy Butt spacers. Hope that's good! Also got KYB rear mounts. As, the OEM's were almost x3 the price.

Stuck with OEM for the front mounts, because that's a little more important/used. Turned out to be a 1k project for parts only. I did however replace all the struts and inner/outer tie rods. Yeesh

Edited by Jolbaru_LGT

I went and ordered 1/2" Saggy Butt spacers. Hope that's good! Also got KYB rear mounts. As, the OEM's were almost x3 the price.

Stuck with OEM for the front mounts, because that's a little more important/used. Turned out to be a 1k project for parts only. I did however replace all the struts and inner/outer tie rods. Yeesh

I went with 1/2 spacers make sure you get the longer studs

Where did you buy the struts I did the whole project for less than 700 I got my struts and mounts from Amazon at the time , was way cheaper than auto parts store and even rock auto, I did go with all kyb parts though

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Now I'm running a set of King KSRL-29 rear springs and no longer need a saggy butt spacer.

This, JDM wagon pinks, or coilover are the correct way to do things. Spaces change the point where the springs block out vs the bump stops (which are mounted to the body) engage. This can cause the springs to block out before the bump stops have fully compressed, which is not good. I had the rear spring mount get knocked off a set of shocks due to this, with only 3/8in spacers.

If ride quality is a priority, you can get coil-over sleves for the normal rear shocks. If you run a 9-10in long spring you shouldn't run into any bump travel limitations.