LegacyGT.com

2.5i Performance parts

There's not really much in the way of power adders for the 2.5i, and there's not really much more power to be pulled from the engine in the first place. The 2.5 N/A engine doesn't have a downpipe of any sort, there's a handful of companies that make headers for both the EJ25 (2010-12) and the FB25 engine (13-14), but all the ones I've seen are UEL headers to gain the Subaru Rumble, but UEL headers are less efficient than the factory headers, so you'll actually lose power with them.

The best thing I can recommend doing for a 2.5i is getting a throttle controller like the Pedal Commander, an intake like the Takeda intake (because intake noises are always fun) and a good sounding axleback exhaust. You might gain 10 or so horsepower from these, but they'll change the driving experience and bring enjoyment. Beyond that, the best thing I can say is to focus your money on suspension and wheels, and quality of life/comfort mods. Coilovers and good wheels/tires will do wonders for the look and handling. A 2.5i will never be fast, but they can definitely be made to look good and enjoyable to drive.

• Like 1

Do you think you can tell me any brand that sells UEL’s. I can’t seem to find any that fit and. I don’t really know where to look.

The only place I know of is Inferno Fabrication...

https://infernofab.com/subaru-2-5i-uel-header-stainless-steel.html

Keep in mind that the company is ran by a single person that has a full time job (says so right on item page). If you place an order it will probably be months before you receive it.

thanks for the help, lgt's have sky rocketed in price in my area so im just trying to make do with the premium that I have.

Bals,

Try to think of other cars other then LGT's ans WRX's. The reason these are getting more expensive is because the "racer boy/girl" crowd is flocking to them and have been for years. The huge thing is the more modded the car the faster you run when it comes to these two cars on the used market. especially when its a good price I am thinking whats wrong and why did the owner not fix the issue.

if you really want a power car you need 300 and over stock and go from there. S4's come to mind I own one. But maintenance is expensive. Whats cheap are the Infiniti G37's and alot of performance parts for that car as well owned one of those as well and on that subject we have a Q50 redport 400 with a JB4 tune.

The thing is you are on a budget like all of us. I would wait and save your money and something will present itself. To be blunt and honest really no point for headers on a 2.5i premium at all or for that matter any performance parts. I mean yes maybe invest in a K&N filter but that is it.

Just remember whos buying what. And do you want to have the same thing as everyone? I mean if you asked me what I wanted I would say a Spec B with under 50K for under 20K. But thats not going to happen.

Good luck to you.