LegacyGT.com

engine check plus blinking cruise control light

I just had this happen to me when I got stuck trying to pull out of my driveway and had excessive wheelspin. I checked code with AP and it was P0332. I did a search but couldn't find that code and this was closest thread I could find. Anyway I reset the ECU with AP and will drive in a little bit to run some errands so I'll let everyone know if the lights come back or not.

The same thing actually happened to me too today. I'm guessing it's because I was driving around yesterday night with all the sleet/freezing rain/snow and there was a bit of wheel spin going on. The CEL and flashing CC light weren't on when I went to be yesterday but today when I got in to run some errands, they came on. I tried looking for the white plugs (with paired green plugs taped with green tape) in the fuse box by my left knee but I didn't see them in there (I have an 2005 LGT). I looked around and the closest thing I could see that could have been it was a single white plug (paired with a green plug) that was plugged into a blue connector up beyond my reach. Anyways, I guess I'll try bringing it to Autozone tomorrow and have them pull the code for me.

For the people that this has happened to, does the CEL usually go away after a few restarts? (In the process of errands, I've restarted the car 4-5 times already)

edit: well, started her this morning and it's gone :( I wanted to know what the CEL was too.

Update!!!! I drove around all night last night after resetting code with AP and lights haven't come back on. It's possible Slimjoe you got same code as me but maybe you got one of the others listed here.

I <3 these forums. You guys just saved me a trip to the dealership (ironically I got the CEL and blinking light a few hundred yards from it, but didn't have time to actually go there). A few restarts and it cleared up. w00t!

• 8 months later...

Thread revival time.

I got the same thing this past Sunday, but I think it was partly my fault too. Same as most people here, I was stuck. Well, I take that back, I was trying to pull my wife's car out of snow and my wheels were spinning with no traction. I think I might have caused it because, being auto, I might have gone from D to neutral to R a bit too fast. CEL and ABS came on, Cruise flashing. I used the built-in code-reader as my AP v2 was giving me a "fatal error", came up P0500. I cleared the ABS by stopping the car, starting her back up and slamming on the brakes to intentionally get the ABS to kick in. Then what I did was I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes, reconnected it and everything is fine so far, knock on wood. CEL went away. Since then and now I drove the car only for 50 miles.

Engine speed sensor ... I don't think there's anything faulty per se, just maybe a design flaw. The car sees the speedometer fall abruptly/vary sharply and *thinks* there's something wrong with a sensor. I had something close to this happen to me in my 3rd gen Nissan Altima. I was struggling to go uphill on ice and the ABS+TRAC (traction control) and CEL came on. Disconnected the battery and they did NOT go away. What I ended up doing was, again, forced ABS to kick in and everything was fine afterwards.

I got 50k miles on the car so I have 10k left on warranty. For now I'll sit tight and dismiss this as a design issue rather than mechanical fault, but I'll watch it like a hawk.

Stuck in snow last night (got a little overzealous trying to blow over a snow bank :embarrassed: ) which resulted in a b linking Cruise, and CEL.

I'll pull the code this morning, but I'm guessing my problem is no different than what's already been posted. I'll try and clear the codes with my scanner after pulling them and report back.

dR

Oh joy, I can join the P0500 in the snow club too :lol:

But there's more... in attempts to reset the ECU with my V1 AccessPort I was told "Could not communicate with ECU". I tried plugging in the green test connectors, unplugging, re-plugging in the AccessPort, cycling the ignition, etc...

Because I already knew what the error was, and that it was something to not be concerned with unless it comes back, I reset the ECU by unplugging the negative terminal battery.

Though the CEL is reset, the AccessPort still cannot communicate with the ECU (I tried to re-flash the real time map) :spin:

Maybe this is a cold-related issue. I pulled a CEL and flashing Cruise this evening after installing XM in my garage. No hard-wiring was done, so I didn't mess anything up there, and the car was not running so NO wheelspin was involved. It dropped below freezing here (FL) today for the first time this year so that is why I think it might relate to the cold.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this behavior due to towing another vehicle out of a snow drift.

I did have quite a bit of wheel-spin (which sounds like the behavior that causes these CEL + ABS + flashing cruise symptoms), and after about 5 trips (cycles of starting and turning off the engine), these symptoms disappeared. I've canceled the visit to the dealer service dept.

I'll post here to further this effort to save someone the hassle to schedule and/or go through with a needless service visit.

-Ed

I got this same code after driving through the snowstorm this past Monday. Unfortunately, it hasn't gone away yet. I have the same ABS + CEL + flashing cruise light w/ Er SS in the odometer. I read that this could be due to dirt or grime impairing one of the wheel sensors/ magnetic strips. Where is the speed sensor on the Leg GT? What should I be cleaning off???

Just disconnect the battery for at least 5 minutes for good measure and it will go away. IF it comes with you driving under normal conditions you should check with your dealer or read the codes the CEL is pulling up. There is a guide here on the forum on how to do so. Actually, I would read the codes before you disconnect the battery, it should have gone off by now. The CEL that is.

I have an AccessPort so I pulled the code- Vehicle speed sensor P0500. I cleared the CEL with the AP and it came back again within 5 minutes of normal driving. So either one of the ABS speed sensors is dirty or defective?? Any other thoughts.

I got all the lights out by

(1) Going to the power car wash station and aiming the high pressure wand at the wheels/ brakes/ from behind, to clear any salt in the ABS sensors, wheel ring, etc.

(2) Disconnecting the battery x 10 minutes.

By the way, the AccessPort doesn't clear this one and it appears you need to actually disconnect the battery to erase these 3 annoyances on the dash.

I had no ABS either, what I did was I shut the car down, restarted her, drove and slammed on the brakes. ABS system came back on, then it was a matter of disconnecting the battery.

Yes, it will clear radio settings, etc.

I tried this method several times as my ABS was also disabled. After driving my neighbors nuts with squealing stops due to brake lock-up, this method failed. Fun to try, nonetheless.

Everything was working fine again until I got up over around 75mph on the Interstate, then boom, all the lights came back- ABS, Check Engine, Flashing CRuise and Er SS in the odometer?? Anybody have anyother thoughts. This didn't start until after I flashed TDC Stage II. Anyone else have this experience?

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got the same problem with my 05 LGT. It disappears every so often, so I'll test the cruise control and the car lunges forward every second or two, not bad but it does it. I'll try the two white-wire thing and see if the code pops up.

There's enough going on with this car that I really don't want to see a CEL...

Wow, back from the dead. There are more recent post about this issue. Check the front wheel bearing thread.

Moog and some DA hubs are can cause CC to surge.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived