LegacyGT.com

Defi Triple Gauge pack installed but need help with wiring

I see you put the tap in fuse #13 "Tail/Clearance", I believe that will only have power with the lights on. I used #14, which has power any time the key is on. Maybe that's the issue?

Wow I'll definitely take a look right now. I could've sworn I used the ones you referenced earlier. I triple checked but I'll get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you end up doing for a ground? The metal you found behind the radio may not be suitable. Either tap into factory wiring for a ground or find a good spot on the tunnel, footwell, etc.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc

What did you end up doing for a ground? The metal you found behind the radio may not be suitable. Either tap into factory wiring for a ground or find a good spot on the tunnel, footwell, etc.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The last picture is where I put the ground wire. It's a nut behind the brake pedal. Is that a good spot?

I see you put the tap in fuse #13 "Tail/Clearance", I believe that will only have power with the lights on. I used #14, which has power any time the key is on. Maybe that's the issue?

Isn't #13 12v plug and #14 tail/clearance???

Okay so I retested everything and im 99% sure the taps are correct. So it got me thinking about the ground. I went and tested the ohms resistance on the bolt where I grounded it and it read 16 ohms. Isn't it supposed be as close to zero as possible?? Could that be my problem?

Okay so I retested everything and im 99% sure the taps are correct. So it got me thinking about the ground. I went and tested the ohms resistance on the bolt where I grounded it and it read 16 ohms. Isn't it supposed be as close to zero as possible?? Could that be my problem?

You're correct, needs to be almost 0. Your circuit has a total resistance of 16 ohms. Try setting on lead on your chosen ground point and the other lead on various pieces of unpainted metal.

Try one of the brass screws holding the fuse box. Even though the fuse box is plastic the screw is still a good ground.

EDIT: Only use this kind of ground for low voltage applications.

Update I got them working, I'm not sure if this was my problem all along but when I connected the red, orange, and black wiring to the fuse taps (red, orange) and black to the ground using the supplied connectors by defi the connector never actually pierced the jacket of the wire to make a connection. So I had to open up the connector and strip back the jacket on all the wires and it worked! I used the ground in the engine bay next to the fuse box and battery too.

Since everything is wired right now but the sensors aren't hooked up yet. Is it normal for the gauges to move up and down a little bit since they're wired up but not connected in the engine bay yet and not actually reading anything yet?

Edited by neeksimons