LegacyGT.com

OBXT 2.5 to JDM 2.0 swap

Tomorrow the engine will be out.

We did a timing belt and water pump a few months ago. A few days before Christmas it developed a knock. We pulled the front covers back off to check the timing belt tensioner and didn't see anything suspicious there. So the engine will come out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Cool, that's the first time I've seen someone drop one of those engines out the bottom. I don't have the ability to get her up in the air high enough to do it.
Sorry, the picture must suck. It's not coming out of the bottom.

Hopefully the AC was discharged.

Just for a recommendation to anyone pulling any subaru engine, it's best to remove the PS pump and AC pump from the engine and leave it with the car, so as not to have to disconnect these systems.

Edited by Soobyhobby

Power steering, no problem. A/C on the other hand... it looks like the lower bolts would be a bugger to get to without taking the intake off, which I wanted to do on the engine stand. It is what it is...

• 3 months later...
What are the plans for the 2.5 once it comes out and the 2.0 goes in?
The job is done and we decided to sell the old short block. Are you still interested? #2 rod bearing failure. Cylinders still have cross hatches...slight surface rust from sitting in the shop.9764b064675e67102a69bea9d53daeac.jpg086bef234b92d6c9e90311e7a2924275.jpg4cef17ee4bb2f1223cb82352ea63ae32.jpg