LegacyGT.com

I was in a little but annoying accident today

I was getting on the highway and the guy in front of me was going into the on ramp and I turned to look left for oncoming cars and saw I had a window so I started going and turned my head back just in time to see the guy in front of me who was going on the on ramp had stopped and I rear ended him. I'm definitely gonna need a new grill, maybe bumper, maybe hood. Drove to work and after work I got in the car, turned it on and the check engine light came on. Today hasn't been my best day.

I was getting on the highway and the guy in front of me was going into the on ramp and I turned to look left for oncoming cars and saw I had a window so I started going and turned my head back just in time to see the guy in front of me who was going on the on ramp had stopped and I rear ended him. I'm definitely gonna need a new grill, maybe bumper, maybe hood. Drove to work and after work I got in the car, turned it on and the check engine light came on. Today hasn't been my best day.

Does your vehicle have "EyeSight"?? ... if so, I'm surprised it didn't prevent the impact.

Did the ‘15 Legacies come with eyesight? Mine didn’t.

For MY 2015, EyeSight was a factory-only option in Premium and Limited trims.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

My model doesn't have eyesight. I'm debating looking for a car that was hit in the rear and find a take off grill vs ponying up for the jdm sport grill. I was just about to get my suspension done and get my sti wheels and tires put on but that'll be held off a little.

Had this accident with fully functioning eyesight about a year ago..

Bloody Hell .... that kinda shoots down my point about EyeSight saving the day.

I'd really appreciate some more info on the actual collision details, in an attempt to work out why EyeSight didn't save you. For example, if someone smashed into you, rather than you colliding with the other person.

Sorry to hear. Everyone has been driving like idiots recently.

Good news is you are not hurt.

I would check the radiator support before just thinking it is just a grill. Had a minor encounter with a center island divider about ten years ago and what I though was just a bumper turned out to be a rad support as well.

Good luck.