LegacyGT.com

Radiator Replacement - Mishimoto?

Hello everybody!

I'm an old hotrod guy, but just bought my first tuner (05 LGT). I need to replace the radiator and I'm looking to go full aluminum. What I'm looking at right now is the Mishimoto MMRAD-STI-08. I just can't figure out if it has the concentric cooler for the automatic trans.

Also being new to all things tuner - Is there a better option? I like the idea of an aluminum radiator for a turbo car, but I don't know what I don't know. The car will be used solely for the street. No track days for me :lol:

Thanks!

Eh..

I have had really bad fitment issues with Mishimoto products in my Infiniti. It seems to be very common with the brand on the 350s,370s, and Infiniti’s regardless of what part is being replaced.

Better options exist from Other companies. If you are not tracking or racing the car hard why go through the expense? I would start with an Cobb Accessport first and then a bigger turbo and then an exhaust. You can always do an air intake as well. Better options exist besides my recommended SPT one as the fitment is perfect. And exhaust wise can’t go wrong with an SPT as well but harder to find right now. But the Invidia ones are also great and fit me to is perfect. Now the huge question is if you want test pipes which would give you about ten to fifteen more horse but depending on the state you live in emissions could be an issue.

I'm not happy with how tight my mishimoto to the pulleys. I would not buy one again.

The top coolant hose has to be custom trimmed, so it won't hit the P/S pulley. If you have to adjust the alternator pulley, it's a PITA.

DSCN7476.thumb.JPG.ce659fd7e80811db3ca768a39c626f8a.JPG

DSCN7475.thumb.JPG.66859413843bfc2edead4b073a9d9945.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks! I'm starting with the radiator because that was the first thing to go. It was spewing fluid all across the front of the seam at the top. I appreciate the advice on the other stuff. I'm planning on intake, exhaust and Cobb tuner. I'm also leaning toward getting the JDM nose. It just look so much better!

• 3 weeks later...
My 09 LGT again has a leaking radiator so I am exploring higher quality options than the OEM unit I put in ~7 months ago that is leaking at the top seam. So my understanding is that Koyorad, CSF, and Mishimoto are the options for all aluminum radiators. I have a 5EAT so the CSF with the built in oil cooler would seem to be best but yeah the price is way up there. None of the websites seem to list a radiator for a 09 Legacy GT so I am thinking that the same/similar year WRX is what people have been using. Is that right/wrong? What are other options that are cheaper than $650? Car is a DD and has never seen any type of track use.