LegacyGT.com

LS swap in auto 05 legacy gt

many doubts on mating a subi AWD transmission to a chevy LS and keeping the LS from sticking out a foot past the grill.

Take a look at where your front wheels are and realize an entire v8 needs to fit in front of them =)

I'm sure people have stuck different style engines in, just making it RWD only.

Yeah, I just remembered seeing a LS in a WRX at, the Wicked Big Meet a few years back.

I asked google;

https://www.google.com/search?q=LS+in+a+WRX&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS906US906&oq=LS+in+a+WRX&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l3.4757j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Let me put it this way.

To put a swapped LS2 in a Leggy is possible but it will cost more then the car is worth. Not saying it would not be cool however as that’s a swap I personally have not seen before. I have seen LS7s and 302s in Miatas as well as a buddy did an LA2 swap on his RX8 and that car is quick.

I say if you want more power just go find a wrecked GT take the trans and other bits you need for the manual swap and just go with a bigger turbo etc and you will probably make the same power gains if not be in the ballpark of the LS2 swap.

Could have sworn I saw an ls swapped 04ish sti with awd recently and the radiator was literally in front of the bumper and the bumper was cut for the motor to fit. I’m sure having so much engine weight over the front of the axles makes it handle like a dream

This post hot me looking on YouTube and elsewhere, several people have done it some with AWD some without..... It still leaves a big question of why, if you have a used LS the shop and the skills along with a WRX or similar bwith a busted motor I guess, I would rather have a AWD charger with a swap or a stock V6 with a blower

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Then there’s me watching too many Rob Dahm videos and pondering a 3-rotor swap.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol trust me, you don’t want that life. I don’t care how many times he claims they are “reliable”