LegacyGT.com

Clean 4th-gen 5MT GT wagon for sale on CarsAndBids

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9aZP18dm/2005-subaru-legacy-25gt-limited-wagon

I’m curious to see what this goes for. I’ve had this car on VINwiki for a couple years and the owner prior to this seller had it listed on BaT and eBay on a couple of occasions. This example only has 120K on it. Hope to see it go to a good owner.

I definitely also remember seeing this either on here or in cars/autotrader searches I was doing fall 2019 when I was looking for mine.

The BaT sold for 8600 so probably around there, maybe 9k in this market?

Edited by tehspud

Jeebus!!

I paid 2K Canadian Pesos for my ‘05 MT Limited Wagon a couple years ago. (Black interior and Silver metallic as well.) Yeah, it has a little more rear quarter rust than that one, but even considering the costs of the similar mods I am doing... that’s a pretty impressive number for a sale price.

I had no idea the market was so strong for something like a 4th gen LGT.

Mine has even less mileage as well. I mean, I’m gonna keep it, since it’s kind of my forever car, but if the chips are down.... I guess I maybe I’ve got a backup plan.

404 clean not found. Rust, accident, mods that don't indicate fueling, selling within a year of buying...

If some new user popped up asking about a car like this we would be telling them it's a $5k time bomb. But looks like it sold anyway.

Chances it ends up here with a blown engine and someone desperate to get their new baby back on the road?

Edited by seanyb505

I remember this car from earlier listing (BAT?), the rust at the bottom of the driver door was a giveaway.

Looks like new owner took care of some important things - new gas tank, timing belt service, new turbo and tune - it's Stage 2 now, new fuel pump, etc. From what I could tell the last owner was probably after some power and didn't get what he expected for the amount of money spent on the car.

The exhaust install is not clean which would piss me off personally. Otherwise it's probably fine for the age and mileage.

10K for all of that? idunno, but then again it sold.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

404 clean not found. Rust, accident, mods that don't indicate fueling, selling within a year of buying...

If some new user popped up asking about a car like this we would be telling them it's a $5k time bomb. But looks like it sold anyway.

Chances it ends up here with a blown engine and someone desperate to get their new baby back on the road?

It appears the prior owner to the seller put a fuel pump in for fueling. Not sure about injector duty with a 16G. The previous owner to the buyer also claimed his family didn’t like the car. He also said it didn’t burnt much, if any oil. Not sure if I believe that with 120K on the car, but alas.

That rust is really not that bad and not unrepairable. I think that 120K on one of these and stock appearance is pretty rare for the age and general lack of these on the road anymore.

There is a guy posting ads in Roundel (BMW CCA magazine) buying 3 and 5 series wagons in pretty much any decent condition. There is a niche for good wagons and with no more real supply the balance is tipped towards demand. That's my theory.

It appears the prior owner to the seller put a fuel pump in for fueling. Not sure about injector duty with a 16G. The previous owner to the buyer also claimed his family didn’t like the car. He also said it didn’t burnt much, if any oil. Not sure if I believe that with 120K on the car, but alas.

That rust is really not that bad and not unrepairable. I think that 120K on one of these and stock appearance is pretty rare for the age and general lack of these on the road anymore.

Agreed. I run BNR 16G with stock injectors for years, no issues. The rust can be mitigated, door can be just swapped ( I gave away 4 doors in BSM when moving last year). This wagon needs some suspension refresh, and if going nuts, a 6MT swap as a final icing on the cake. All is not that expensive.

New dash is what, ~$230 at the dealer?