LegacyGT.com

Is this engine bay normal? (salt belt car)

It just seems like an excessive amount of corrosion on the front of the engine for a 3 year old car, and in the battery area too. Front end collision that sent battery acid everywhere?

Full listing

https://www.autofairsubaru.com/viewdetails/cpo/4s3bnab69j3008681/2018-subaru-legacy-4dr-car

engine.thumb.jpg.9a753d16cf7009d5250a5083c2aef1f7.jpg

Edited by apexi

It just seems like an excessive amount of corrosion on the front of the engine for a 3 year old car, and in the battery area too. Front end collision that sent battery acid everywhere?

Full listing

https://www.autofairsubaru.com/viewdetails/cpo/4s3bnab69j3008681/2018-subaru-legacy-4dr-car

I’m zero expert but my ‘08 legacy has less corrosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt it was in an accident with battery acid sent all over the place. It is car coming off lease and it has a clean Carfax record. The prior owner had no obligation to hide any damage or have it repaired off the books. An accident that damaged battery would have likely also triggered the air bags.

It looks a little crustier than I would have expected for 3 year old car. I looked at my 2.5i engine picture's after 4 years and mine wasn't that crusty, it spent a bunch of time on the highway getting road salt kicked up in MA. (I ended up with excessive rock chips on my car. It could be missing the plastic undertray. Where a car is parked make a difference too. Parked on dirt or grass has a tendency to cause more corrosion. I am sure you know they love to salt the heck out of the roads up there too.