LegacyGT.com

Syracuse VF40 housing

bubbagump

Hi,

I am trying to replace the cartridge in my VF40 and I cannot for the life of me get the torx screws that hold my coolant lines to the cold side housing. I have never been successful using easy-outs before and I doubt this is going to be my break through. This is perhaps a longshot but does anyone have a spare housing or turbo in need of rebuilding they would be willing to part with? Any sort of reasonable price is fine, willing to pay for fast shipping.

Thanks!

Edited by bubbagump

Can't help with a spare housing, but do you have pics of what you're dealing with?

Got a pic tonight of the problematic screws in question.

I used a torch, tried slotting the heads, soaked overnight in PB Blaster. They are stuck beyond my means of extraction. I have never gotten easy outs to work, I usually end up drilling and screwing up the threads.

Anyhow, I got another chance in the form of a different core! I will likely end up not even touching the turbo in my picture and just use everything from the new core. Will end up listing it FS in that case, maybe someone else will want to give the screw removal a go. It works fine and has zero axial shaft play, the right amount (minimal) of radial play. My friend once told me he saw a puff of smoke from my tailpipe but I am not convinced it wasn't just running a little rich.

20210406_235642.thumb.jpg.03b35cfd8c38a116855c4a2a7364972c.jpg