LegacyGT.com

I got my reimbursment check!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get you bumper fixed and then pay the rest to your friend. Debt of any kind is no good in my eyes!!

Then I assume you paid cash for your car, your house and your education, eh? Man.... you have no idea how bad I wish I could do that. Those are my only three debts.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

i think we all need clarification. did you <moviemadness> borrow money from your friend or are you just trying to be nice and pay off their loan? if it's your debt, i too say pay it off. if it's someone else's that's different and situational (i.e. i helped pay some of my wife's debt while were just dating back in school)

pay off your debt and fix the car. to replace my back bumper I found a friend who worked at a body shop. the estimate was $700 bucks to replace and paint. I paid around $350. part of that was a tip for the 2 guys who painted and mounted my bumper.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

the loans that are my debt but have no deadline, and they can wait till next year. The total amount of loan is now at $543.00

OCDetails, I will give you all the money under one condition.

intall the following on my car:

1. tints

2. fix the bumpers

3. get me the pedals

4. get me the gauges

5. get me the factory subwoofer

6. detail the car like yours!

7. HIDs

LOL.

questions though.

what are the WRX pedals you talk about?

what kind of HIDs did you get?

how do you set up a poll?

what are the new york state regulations for tints?

All your money would get you 1 and 6 on the list. maybe 5 too. Depends on if lunch is included. :lol:

The WRX pedals look like this...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01895.jpg

I got my HIDs from vendor JINSU-POWER. They were less than $300 shipped and worth every penny. Pictures and stuff are here.

Setting up a poll is one of the options when you start the thread. Scroll down to the bottom before you make the first post on the thread and you'll see where you can choose how many options the poll should have and all that fun stuff. I don't know if you can do it after the fact, but you can always try editing the first post you made and see if adding a poll is an option.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

the loans that are my debt but have no deadline, and they can wait till next year.

Run it by him and see his reaction. Tell him, I'll be spending the money on my car to improve it instead of fixing it and see what he says. :munch:

I keed I keeed

Well my car is not paid off and I do have school loans therefore I am certainly not debt free. I just hate to owe money and that is why I would pay that debt off first before buying toys (in this situation). I have owed money to friends before and it is always hanging over your head. Might as well just get it out of the way. But of course that is just my opinion. The day I get rid of debt will be wonderful!!

I go HIDs. Id get them now if I could, but my Legacy is too old. :icon_neut

High beams arent seperate, not that you need them anyway, other than for the car to be legal.

Downside: The companies that make em really dont reccomend them for cars that arent designed for HIDs. Worried about melting and such, which really isnt a problem if you install all the right stuff.

are those WRX pedals different from the one they have on the subaru website for the legacy option?

Yes, they're different... those are the STI pedals. IMO the WRX ones are better - I'm not much of a pink fan, even if it's STI :lol:

Not to mention, these are cheaper by at least $40.

I paid back one loan, so i'm down to $1100.00
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1171/thumbup8rf.gif

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Good job. :thumbs up:

You can go stage 2 with $1000 bucks:

- Cobb AP $645

- Aftermarket Uppipe : $200 - You can gut the uppipe too or not bother

- Gut the downpipe : $0

- Installation/Labor : $100-200 - or food and drinks w/ help from locals

I keed I keeed

Think of it this way:

You won't owe anything later. More money can always be made. Debt is the problem.

So yeah, it might seem like a bummer now, that you have less and less to spend, but later on, you won't have to stretch to pay back, and if you do get some more money down the road a bit, it is all yours!

Archived