They told me that there was no guarantee and it can take months to get it,

but I finally did.

+1 for Geico.

I finally got the checks.

1. $1000.00 Property damage coverage deductible reimbursment

2. $335.95 collision coverage payment.

Total: $1335.95.

Now.

For those that don't remember the damages to my car, I'll post the pics up as well.

Now the dilemma is...

1. use the check for damage repair

2. get some better looking aftermarket bumpers

3. get different mods. (intake, exhaust, gauges, sub, rims, springs, pedals.. etc)

4. pay friend's loans back

:confused:

_CIMG2730.jpg.a2f57f3d87a63244b68c98330d630149.jpg

806525085_53356445924832054872_ALSeeEdit_CIMG2733.jpg.c678ba988964d7f1fedb20a8fb546db5.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you haven't heard, I was on the highway in canada, and there was traffic ahead, so I came to a full stop, but the car behind me ran into me, causing me to get pushed into the car ahead of me, then another car hit the car behind me, resulting in 4 car collision.

You should be able to get that fixed for less than $1300 bucks. Drop the six or seven hundred bucks on the repairs and send the rest to me...er... I mean spend the rest on something like wax. :D

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I had a feeling that it would cost more than that.. although the pic doesn't indicate very well, the emblem is also scratched up.

Why would you rather get a new oem bumper than a better looking aftermarket one?

also, is that the cost for repairs, or completely new parts?

Wow, I haven't been in that situation since back in college when I had a 4 door vw rabbit. Same collision scenario.

I would say depending on the extent of the damage and whether or not you can live with it, to go for the suspension first. It seems to be the weakest link on the car. Repairs/cosmetics would be a close second. Suspension is the foundation for everything else thats good.

Gotcha, definitely cool. Sounds like you can live with the damage to get some other stuff? I would still go suspension first, but that's just me. Once I had that nailed, I agree with you on looking to the aftermarket for some different bumpers to set the car apart especially if they are comparable in cost to the repairs of the Oem bumpers and then go from there.

there's always room for improvement.

bling in my opinion is 22" rims with spinners, or LCD screens in the headrest.

speaking of LCDs in headrests, I saw a Merc the other day without the LCDs. The headrests just had plastic inserts in the back of em, talk about tacky.

there's always room for improvement.

bling in my opinion is 22" rims with spinners, or LCD screens in the headrest.

so instead of fixing your scratched up and dented front and rear end, you will use the money to replace your headlights (that work fine) with HID's?

maybe you could get in another accident and use the money to get some giant subwoofers.

Get JDM bumpers :D

Then pay your friend back with whatever's left over, if there's anything ;). Although personally I would never borrow (or lend) money from/to friends - that's just a ticket to ruining a friendship. But that's just IMHO...

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

I had a feeling that it would cost more than that.. although the pic doesn't indicate very well, the emblem is also scratched up.

Why would you rather get a new oem bumper than a better looking aftermarket one?

also, is that the cost for repairs, or completely new parts?

I had damage like that to the bumper of one of my cars once. The difference in repairing it versus getting a new part was less than $80 bucks. It still cost under my $500 deductible to get the work done regardless, so I just had them repair it since you never get the same fit when you get parts replaced. Take it to a paint shop and get an estimate. I'll bet I'm close to what they say.

OCDETAILS BLOG

the mods I have in mind...in no particular order

1. aftermarket bumpers

2. rims

3. suspension

4. OEM pedals

5. OEM subwoofer

6. OEM gauges

7. HIDs

8. tints

9. intake

10. exhaust

All of your money is going to be gone after the first thing on your list. You won't have enough to get your windows tinted after you pay to have bumpers imported.

What I would do with that list is this:

1. HIDs (Those that say they aren't worth it obviously don't have them) -$300

2. Tint -$200

3. WRX pedals -$100

4. OEM gauges -$the rest probably with installation

I talked to COBB about intakes and even they said they weren't a good idea. They said your car won't idle right again if you put one on. The suspension, rims, and exhaust are nice, but with scraped up bumpers it would drive you nuts having your car looking so good from afar but far from good. Get the bumpers fixed before you go too crazy on exterior appearance mods would be my suggestion. Upgrade some interior appearance first and then move on to the outside. Or go back to my original plan and send it all to me. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived