LegacyGT.com

Tutorials/how to's and reference material

Am I blind or is there just not much info on how to work on these cars yourself? I came from the VW/Audi world where everything or mostly everything has some form of reference and if it truly doesn't there is the bentley manuals.

Does that exist for this platform? I found the shop manual for the 2009 LGT, OBXT but black and white drawings only get you so far.

Thanks

I also came here from the Audi world (B7 S4), and I've found there to be quite a few DIYs out there, in addition to information imparted as thread discussion. Maybe here, maybe on one of the other forums, maybe on YouTube, but that was the case for Audi, too. Of course YMMV, but I've found a lot of what I've looked for, and I'm undertaking a 6MT + LGT Spec B suspension swap prior to diving into an engine pull and rebuild. I haven't been too frustrated.

Walk throughs, build threads, shop manual, and some googling to search here, nasioc, and subimods, along with the factory service manual, walked me through my first engine pull, clutch replacement, belt replacement, brake bleed, caliper replacement, brake line replacement, motor mounts.... I could go on.

I generally need to Google exactly what I'm doing but I've found this to be mostly better in every way than the Honda community was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny, we just bought an alltrack and I'm like, where's the community at, its like a ghost for any sort of online references.

Also this entire section of this website:

https://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/technical-forums-4.html

Yeah, the Allroad is a bit of an odd duck. If yours is a B6/7 model, there's a guy in WV with one who posts a good bit in that section of audizine. I found that there's a good bit of stuff there, more than audirevolution in my opinion. You'd probably have to rely on the commonality with the wagons and sedans, and be prepared to be a bit more independent with the Allroad-unique parts. The cabriolets are the same way. I hope you enjoy it!

The website probably started getting less popular after they stopped putting turbos in the lgt. Either way there is a lot of information here still. Its better to use google to search the site directly, I usually just put "legacygt *whatever I'm searching for*" and you read through posts. A lot of questions wont have some perfect magical thread title explaining everything you need, but there will be tons of threads of people discussing topics, coming up with solutions mid thread etc. Basically most of the information is there, you just have to know how to find it. Otherwise just make a new post, there are a bunch of us on here who still represent the 4th gen, veterans always chime in now and then as well.

what are you looking for? that should be the first question to ask!

Also stickies are your friend! All the good stuff are in stickies at the top of each forum topic.

Most people start here

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turboi-wiki-twist-178684.html

Thats the main thread for what mods you need to get what you want in terms of horsepower/performance.

If you looking for wheels and tires

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-vol-262472.html

the 4th gen is probably the most popular and has the most detailed information on this forum.

Edited by Tehnation