LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy Roof Rack Mount

I see there is now a roof rack accessory option for the legacy. Anyone know if there are actual bolt holes to secure the roof rack to on the new model? Curious to know because Ive had a roof rack with the standard clamp on feet on my 2012 and it was ripped off and stolen about a month after I installed it. Would love to have an actual attachment point to the roof frame.

I ordered a limited XT in February, finally got the call that it will be delivered in 1-3 weeks.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Anyone install the Thule bike rack with the factory crossbars, how easy is it to secure the bikes? I want to haul 2, possibly 3 bikes on the roof and I feel like a trunk mounted carrier would risk paint damage. But over $500 to put bikes on the roof, I don't know if I would use it enough to justify that much money.

Any thoughts appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I see there is now a roof rack accessory option for the legacy. Anyone know if there are actual bolt holes to secure the roof rack to on the new model? Curious to know because Ive had a roof rack with the standard clamp on feet on my 2012 and it was ripped off and stolen about a month after I installed it. Would love to have an actual attachment point to the roof frame.

I have a 21 XT, and the roof seam has four hatches/flaps that flip up to reveal the bolt holes. I picked up the crossbars at purchase this summer to have a quick solution for kayaks. They are ... meh. Loud and flimsy (about 80 lbs of capacity), but cheap. Yakima and Thule bars are stupid expensive and hard to find right now.