LegacyGT.com

Need some Ammo for a Discussion

Last winter i had an Isuzu Rodeo, its was by far the best winter vehicle i have every owned. I've had a wrangler, an F150, and an Explorer AWD.

The rodeo is built on a car chassis, car chassis with AWD, FTW.

dont worry about him, you will pass him year around

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 what bulldogg said... had an Isuzu pickup pre-GM takeover...best thing I ever had in the snow('til now):icon_bigg I've had an F-150 4x4(pronounced -"underpowered") RAM1500 4x4(hemi w/ >enuff power) and GMC 2500 4x4-(plow). The leggy is the nutz in the snow so far!!:icon_bigg :icon_bigg even w/ shitty tires.

Just take your buddy for a ride in the powder...he'll see soon enuff.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

this thread is kinda dumb. comparing the legacy to the tribute? it's not even in the same category.

the only thing he's got going is ground clearance. in the long run, you'll have to tow his ford ass because his car will eventually break down :-)

this thread is kinda dumb. comparing the legacy to the tribute? it's not even in the same category.

Well I think stupidty is the point. Stupid is is stupid does or in this case says. This guy says his Tribute will beat a car that he knows nothing about. Clearly he is intimidated by the Legacy otherwise he wouldnt want to compare the two.

Well I think stupidty is the point. Stupid is is stupid does or in this case says. This guy says his Tribute will beat a car that he knows nothing about. Clearly he is intimidated by the Legacy otherwise he wouldnt want to compare the two.

Indeed. I was looking for indisputable evidence to prove that my car can hold its own in the snow (just got the thing a few months ago, with no snow here in NJ...yet), and maybe find some info about the Tribute's deficiencies. You all have been most helpful.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Lets not forget that the Legacy is gonna handle way better than any SUV. Actually any car. Goin a little off topic here but I have yet to find another car that handles as well as my Legacy. Not that Ive driven any exotics or luxury roadsters. My dads A6 doesnt compare at all, nor does my mom's RX300. The closest car Ive found was my Prelude which was amazing but lacked AWD and a flat engine.

So if an RX300 doesnt compare, than a friggin Tribute wont even come close.

My sister has an Escape with the V6.. seems a little to high strung to me for the finnesse it usually takes to get out of sticky situations.

I also have an F-150 4x4 S-cab with 4.6L V8 and that thing has PLENTY of power/tq for trail crawling.. I had her in 3 foot of pack with an easy foot of fluffy in Low 4 with no issues what-so-ever. Towed a Full size Dodge 2x out of a ditch with her, and she didn't even offer up a grunt. Underpowered....feh... ;) lrn2controlURtorque

also have an F-150 4x4 S-cab with 4.6L V8 and that thing has PLENTY of power/tq for trail crawling.. I had her in 3 foot of pack with an easy foot of fluffy in Low 4 with no issues what-so-ever. Towed a Full size Dodge 2x out of a ditch with her, and she didn't even offer up a grunt. Underpowered....feh... ;) lrn2controlURtorque

Oh, I never doubted the power of a real truck/SUV. One with locking diffs that might actually be of some help off-road. I'm just guessing, but I don't think your F-150 is blessed with the haldex system like the Escape/Tribute is :icon_bigg

Oh, I never doubted the power of a real truck/SUV. One with locking diffs that might actually be of some help off-road. I'm just guessing, but I don't think your F-150 is bless with the haldex system like the Escape/Tribute is :icon_bigg

No, I'm guessing not.. I have the big old have to put it in gear with a crowbar 4x4 shift lever on the floor.. not even push button.. :) Took me longer to get her into Low 4 then it did to crawl that two track ;) heheh

Lets not forget that the Legacy is gonna handle way better than any SUV. Actually any car. Goin a little off topic here but I have yet to find another car that handles as well as my Legacy. Not that Ive driven any exotics or luxury roadsters. My dads A6 doesnt compare at all, nor does my mom's RX300. The closest car Ive found was my Prelude which was amazing but lacked AWD and a flat engine.

So if an RX300 doesnt compare, than a friggin Tribute wont even come close.

I presume you're not talking about handling in snow exclusively, as you mention roadsters. FWIW, my Miata beats the snot out of my Legacy's handling. It was otherworldly.

Not that I'm complaining right now, with two inches of snow on the ground. It's nice to be able to use the accelerator when the car isn't pointed straight. :)

Ok, my buddy is convinced that he will be towing me out of the snow this winter with his 2005 Mazda Tribute (I think it has the shitty 2.3L I4 engine). After laughing at him, I explain Subaru's AWD system and he doesn't seem to care. I need some good anti-Mazda(Tribute) ammunition to give this kid a good smackdown.

My wife has a Ford Escape, which is the same platform as the Tribute. It couldn't pull a 10 speed out of a lake.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Indeed. I was looking for indisputable evidence to prove that my car can hold its own in the snow (just got the thing a few months ago, with no snow here in NJ...yet), and maybe find some info about the Tribute's deficiencies. You all have been most helpful.

Seems like you might have some snow soon. You can challenge him to put some money where his mouth is.

I am invisioning a wide open, straight, 4 lane hiway at night(so you can see oncoming headlights, of course), and a 0-60 race. See who even makes it to 60 before they slide off the road. whoever gets to 60 first will naturally be ahead and win the race :):):)

Why feel so threatened by an SUV owner? Most of us here purchased our Subarus because we liked the combination of performance, style, AWD, value, comfort, etc., etc., more than other vehicles available at the time of purchase.

So why feel obliged to defend our choices to someone who bought his vehicle for probably the same reasons?

By the way, one thing I've found over the years: no matter how great your vehicle is, someone, somewhere will have one that "beats" it at something.

So why feel obliged to defend our choices to someone who bought his vehicle for probably the same reasons?

He is my roomate, and now that we're starting to get flurries, he is talking about it non-stop. It is very irritating, so I wanted some ammo so I could push back.

Ok, my buddy is convinced that he will be towing me out of the snow this winter with his 2005 Mazda Tribute (I think it has the shitty 2.3L I4 engine). After laughing at him, I explain Subaru's AWD system and he doesn't seem to care. I need some good anti-Mazda(Tribute) ammunition to give this kid a good smackdown.

Do not throw pearls to pigs....

Not even worthy the discussion, tell him to do some homework and study physics and mechanics of an AWD system...

Tell him to start with the first one - QUATTRO and then to learn about Subie symmetrical and then ramp up in some knowledge...

Hehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived