LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

Seattle is a sanctuary city. The homeless population has taken over all the parks. Fjuan just visited and had a good time. I haven't been downtown since covid shut the city down.

The homeless wasn't too bad, they mostly hungout around the highly populated areas such as Pikes Market, very typical and reminds me a lot like San Fran. Overall the city was clean and easy to get around to see all the sights.

My wife's balls are delicious.

The homeless wasn't too bad, they mostly hungout around the highly populated areas such as Pikes Market, very typical and reminds me a lot like San Fran. Overall the city was clean and easy to get around to see all the sights.

hmm...well don't I feel the fool for believing the media. You think I'd have learned something over the last year or so.

When our favorite restaurants succumbed to covid, we stopped going into town

Friend of mine just took his family to the Space Needle and then the Waterfront after. He said it was pretty clean. There were homeless but he said it wasn't that many

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I was in Seattle twice in the last month to meet friends for dinner. There are more homeless people in Seattle than there were a couple years ago, but it's not as big a change as I expected. Other than the tent cities that sprung up under some freeways, it didn't seem any different.

The number of mentally ill people seems no different (I saw just one). The number of people who lost their jobs and can't afford apartments seems a lot higher though.

I'll grant that two quick trips doesn't make for a statistically significant sample.

Went to sodo yesterday, the overly large villages have disappeared. LA style graffiti is over the top. There's alot of new housing in the area especially lower beacon hill area. Dozens of new residential buildings.

Seems dystopian. At least the graffiti part.

453747.png

New Seattle is not what I moved out here for. With the traffic, it reminds me too much of LA.

back on topic. Delta ? Do we think another nationwide shutdown is imminent? Or will we be sorting the vaccinated from the anti-vaxxers using Darwin's rules?

Head of hr at my new job is an anti-vaxxer & anti-mask. I find it funny that the rest of us have to wear masks unless we can show proof of vaccination. She just doesn't wear them at all nor take adequate precautions. I expect my future conversations with her to be electronic.

I know of two people personally that were vaccinated back in March, both who recently contracted Covid. I don't know if it was the Delta variant or not, but thought it was noteworthy that vaccinated people are indeed getting infected. Both said the ordeal was fairly mild overall.

Also noteworthy that 99.2% of deaths in May in the US were unvaccinated

So apparently it doesn't prevent infection, but prevents most death

Yep, and I'm fairly certain that's been known from the get-go, pretty much everything I've seen from "official" sources or sources with scientific backgrounds says "XX% of preventing serious illness" or something similar. The vaccine doesn't turn you into a magical virus-repelling magnet- it still gets into your body, and can even start replicating, but your body already knows to be on the lookout for it and can respond more quickly and effectively. The reason the Delta variant is so much worse is that it replicates much more rapidly than the others (I've seen 1000x viral load shortly after infection bandied about, can't say I've fact-checked that figure), which means (to me, anyway- not a doctor) that it has more of a head-start before your body can react.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-who-made-fun-vaccination-efforts-social-media-dies-covid-n1274922

“I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," he said in a tweet last month.

In a tweet Wednesday, Harmon wrote: “Don’t know when I’ll wake up, please pray,”

At least he went down believing he was right.

Curious what the good doctor says about the vaccinated breakthrough death cases.

These vaccines will end up being about as effective as the flu shot on an avg year at preventing infection, better than that at preventing death.

Better than nothing but not good enough. Get ready for you booster shots next year.

Only numbers I've seen so far on that (which I'll admit that I haven't verified) were that for every 102k vaccinated individuals, you can expect to see 1000 breakthrough cases and 1 (one) death. Sounds pretty damn effective to me.

I'll agree with the booster shot thing, though. Every transmission of the virus is an opportunity for a new mutation, and given the number of people refusing to get vaccinated, there's plenty of opportunities.

Only numbers I've seen so far on that (which I'll admit that I haven't verified) were that for every 102k vaccinated individuals, you can expect to see 1000 breakthrough cases and 1 (one) death. Sounds pretty damn effective to me.

I'll agree with the booster shot thing, though. Every transmission of the virus is an opportunity for a new mutation, and given the number of people refusing to get vaccinated, there's plenty of opportunities.

Unfortunately, the CDC has chosen not to track breakthrough cases unless they result in death, so accurate data isn't, and will not be available. Which why Harvard and many others are complaining that it skews the data from showing how effective the vaccines really are.

For my part, I know 9 people now who were fully vaccinated in March/April who have contracted Covid over the summer, some of them were pretty sick too. Bottom line, it's much higher than you think.

Here come the mask mandates for all people, vaccinated or not. California already started theirs.

OSHA states plainly on their website they are looking the other way when it comes to adverse reactions from the vaccine:

Are adverse reactions to the COVID-19 vaccine recordable on the OSHA recordkeeping log?

DOL and OSHA, as well as other federal agencies, are working diligently to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations. OSHA does not wish to have any appearance of discouraging workers from receiving COVID-19 vaccination, and also does not wish to disincentivize employers’ vaccination efforts. As a result, OSHA will not enforce 29 CFR 1904’s recording requirements to require any employers to record worker side effects from COVID-19 vaccination through May 2022. We will reevaluate the agency’s position at that time to determine the best course of action moving forward.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Unfortunately, the CDC has chosen not to track breakthrough cases unless they result in death, so accurate data isn't, and will not be available. Which why Harvard and many others are complaining that it skews the data from showing how effective the vaccines really are.

For my part, I know 9 people now who were fully vaccinated in March/April who have contracted Covid over the summer, some of them were pretty sick too. Bottom line, it's much higher than you think.

Here come the mask mandates for all people, vaccinated or not. California already started theirs.

Valid points, and I'll agree that it definitely would have been nice to track break-through cases. I would like to point out, though, that 1 death in 102k for vaccinated individuals is a lot lower than 1-2 in 100 unvaccinated individuals. There are also results available for clinical trials, which should give a statistically fairly accurate representation of a person's odds of contracting the virus despite being vaccinated- 95% effective in trials does mean that 5% of vaccinated individuals in that trial contracted the virus. I feel like we're getting pretty close to having that "why wear a seatbelt if you can still die in a car crash?" argument again...

OSHA states plainly on their website they are looking the other way when it comes to adverse reactions from the vaccine:

So OSHA isn't requiring employers to treat vaccine side-effects as work-related recordable incidents? I'd honestly be surprised if they said otherwise, since that sort of off-the-clock off-property thing is typically outside of their purview. I'm not directly involved with OSHA regulations and such at my job, though, so I'll grant that I may not be familiar enough with standard recording procedures for illnesses to have a well-formed and educated opinion.

Edited by cww516