LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

My mom (75) got her first shot last week, and my inlaws (90s) are getting theirs some time next week.

And I have a few friends who got theirs early due to working in health care.

A refrigerator broke at a local hospital so they stayed open 'til 1am or something giving shots to anyone who showed up, rather than letting the vaccine go to waste. A few of my friends got in line, but I'm not sure they actually got shots. I know a couple of them just missed the cutoff.

I'll be surprised if I get one myself before the end of summer, but we'll see.

Going to be quite some time before I am a candidate as well. The new "single shot" vaccines are likely to get EUA soon, but I'm going to hold out for one of the mRNA ones (Pfizer and Moderna) as they appear to have a stronger immune response to the virus - looks like there could be issues with the soon to be out ones with the covid varients that are rearing their ugly head, but still better than no vaccine, so we'll see what's available when my time comes up, I guess....

I would bet they all got it at the same time out screwing around doing whatever it is three 60+ year old retired women go do.

Probably a question you do NOT want to know the answer to....LOL

Yeah I don’t ask questions.

In CT essential businesses can register for the next phase, and since I'm IT at a company with military contracts we fall into that category. I think they said we should be starting registration of our employees in mid Feb for March appointments. At this rate I'll believe it when I see it. This is a forever changing environment right now.

My parents are registered for Feb 19th and my 93yr old grandfather is scheduled for Feb 25th. I'd like to see them taken care of before me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Vaccine rollout is a mess

Maryland is in phase 1c, but people in 1a and 1b are still waiting, and there's not enough supply for a and b. So not sure why we're in 1c

I think I'm considered 1c, though haven't gotten any definitive guidance from my company's HR.

Edited by stm25rs

I'm 21 and not an essential worker, so I'll be waiting until you old dudes get immunized up!

Unfortunately, two of my roommates have now lost parents to COVID. Both were older, one had some minor health issues (80s male) and the other was otherwise healthy (70s woman). Been a somber few weeks in my household.

• 3 weeks later...
Received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine last Saturday, Feb 13. The phase 2 mass vaccination was very well organized, and I found the experience strangely liberating. No adverse effects noted other than mild muscle soreness and slight swelling around the injection site after about 12 hours. Already scheduled for the second dose on March 6. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Just got back from a county with 25% infection rate. They stopped doing tests to slow the rate...really. You couldn't get a test unless you needed hospitalization. Because no testing, no one masked up unless working in a restaurant or enclosed space. Local weekly newspaper has multiple ppl over 50 in the obituary section, week over week. Everyone I met had lost a grandparent or several.

We quarantined for a week after coming back.

Several relatives in their 80's have gotten the first Moderna shot, but having trouble getting scheduled for the 2nd.

In my age group and usefulness class, it could be next year before I get the vaccine. As a result, Ive become a non-masker when outside. If around others, I mask and distance. Although it appears if I declare as homeless, I could get the vaccine by May.

Planes are flying more regularly from Seattle now. Saw a Korean jumbo fly out last night. Superspreader event, eh?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 32, got mine as an essential employee working in critical manufacturing.

I registered with the mass vaccination sites here (MD) a couple weeks ago, and got a text alert yesterday morning for available appointments at the convention center

Missed out on the appointments from two prior text alerts

Edited by stm25rs

I'm 32, got mine as an essential employee working in critical manufacturing.

Yeah CT was supposed to do the same thing but at the last minute scrapped that plan. I've been working pretty much as normal since late April or may of 2020. I spent some time working from home but being in IT and the only tech at that facility I had to go in to fix shit.

Where do you do IT?

The CT vax portal still lists certain essential workers, not just old people, as eligible.

https://portal.ct.gov/vaccine-portal/COVID-19-Vaccination-Phases

Also, not sure if this is the case in CT, but in MD they didn't do any sort of verification of type of employment. I just had to check a box verifying I'm one of the listed essential roles

Where do you do IT?

The CT vax portal still lists certain essential workers, not just old people, as eligible.

https://portal.ct.gov/vaccine-portal/COVID-19-Vaccination-Phases

Also, not sure if this is the case in CT, but in MD they didn't do any sort of verification of type of employment. I just had to check a box verifying I'm one of the listed essential roles

I run the IT department at a Fiber Optics manufacturer. We have government defense contracts so that's initially how we would have qualified as "essential employees" we also never closed during the whole pandemic. Sadly they took away the category that would have covered us.

I run the IT department at a Fiber Optics manufacturer. We have government defense contracts so that's initially how we would have qualified as "essential employees" we also never closed during the whole pandemic. Sadly they took away the category that would have covered us.

I wonder if some of your products found their way into the place I work where we run a lot of multimode fiber. (not my decision and some equipment requires it)

453747.png