LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

Dude, this has been common knowledge since early this year, and really since 1918. It’s all about where you’ve been outside your house. And your family members, too. If you have been exposed, absent a mask or touching shit in public that is why you wear a mask and wash your hands afterwards, this ain’t ‘rocket scientist’ as Watts has said...

its not the end... the recovery rate is high..

the fear mongering about the virus made it worst.

you should not fear.

The problem being, had we locked down the USA back in March or April for two or three weeks, this would be a thing of the past. Australia has jack shit to deal with anymore because their government swooped in, citizens were largely smart about it, and they have some unsubstantial number of cases now (like less than 20, last I checked). This virus is literally killing a 9/11 worth of people per day

I'm 21. I don't fear what it will do to me. I fear that it will kill my older, diabetic dad who smokes. I fear it'll kill people like it did my roommate's dad. Like any disease, it's more likely to kill if you're not healthy. Our country has a volatile number of people who are obese, have diabetes, are very old, etc, and it's necessary to have some level of worry instilled in us so we can protect those people rather than selfishly go about our days thinking "this won't kill me, therefor I shouldn't follow the rules." I don't really want to be one to inadvertently kill somebody.

Dude, this has been common knowledge since early this year, and really since 1918. It’s all about where you’ve been outside your house. And your family members, too. If you have been exposed, absent a mask or touching shit in public that is why you wear a mask and wash your hands afterwards, this ain’t ‘rocket scientist’ as Watts has said...[/quote

it keeps me out of trouble in public.

do you like trouble trailing you every time you go out in public?

young man, you have to conform, to avoid confrontations.

you can stay home and be happy...

The problem being, had we locked down the USA back in March or April for two or three weeks, this would be a thing of the past. Australia has jack shit to deal with anymore because their government swooped in, citizens were largely smart about it, and they have some unsubstantial number of cases now (like less than 20, last I checked). This virus is literally killing a 9/11 worth of people per day

I'm 21. I don't fear what it will do to me. I fear that it will kill my older, diabetic dad who smokes. I fear it'll kill people like it did my roommate's dad. Like any disease, it's more likely to kill if you're not healthy. Our country has a volatile number of people who are obese, have diabetes, are very old, etc, and it's necessary to have some level of worry instilled in us so we can protect those people rather than selfishly go about our days thinking "this won't kill me, therefor I shouldn't follow the rules." I don't really want to be one to inadvertently kill somebody.

:lol:

Worried about your diabetic dad that smokes. Spare me.

My dad was super worried about COVID-19, almost never left the house, masked up, took it very seriously. He ran a microbiology lab before he retired so he was well versed in PPE procedures for infectious diseases.

He died on October 26th this year of a massive heart attack. He smoked, his diet was horrible, he was on opiate pain meds because he refused to get back surgery, he had circulation issues, and sleep apnea. Of course since he thought most doctors were morons in his professional experience dealing with them, he shared none of these things with his doctor.

So he died anyway just not from COVID-19, he died from all the other self inflicted bad health decisions he made instead.

Enjoy time with your dad while you can, sounds like he won’t be around much longer regardless of COVID-19.

Respectfully disagree. A certain degree of fear is beneficial because it encourages you to be aware of your actions and how they could make you or others more susceptible to contracting the virus. On the contrary, I would argue that there is not enough fear of the virus in much of the population. If there were, then people wouldn't be attending massive underground holiday parties.

How big of a hole would one have to dig to host one of these "massive underground parties"?

Asking for a friend.

:lol:

Worried about your diabetic dad that smokes. Spare me.

My dad was super worried about COVID-19, almost never left the house, masked up, took it very seriously. He ran a microbiology lab before he retired so he was well versed in PPE procedures for infectious diseases.

He died on October 26th this year of a massive heart attack. He smoked, his diet was horrible, he was on opiate pain meds because he refused to get back surgery, he had circulation issues, and sleep apnea. Of course since he thought most doctors were morons in his professional experience dealing with them, he shared none of these things with his doctor.

So he died anyway just not from COVID-19, he died from all the other self inflicted bad health decisions he made instead.

Enjoy time with your dad while you can, sounds like he won’t be around much longer regardless of COVID-19.

I'm sorry for your loss but with all due respect, that was a pretty rude thing to say, even if you're just trolling. You're also proving Pleides's point. If his dad is in as bad of a condition as yours was, then contracting covid would be exponentially more dangerous for him. Of course he would be afraid of his dad getting it.

How big of a hole would one have to dig to host one of these "massive underground parties"?

Asking for a friend.

I imagine it would have to be a pretty big hole to fit hundreds of people, although there are also many other viable options for large underground spaces, like basements, given we are no longer in the 10th century. It's also worth noting that the word "underground" is often used in a non-literal sense.

Edited by derache123

Don’t be sorry for my loss, I loved my dad but he chose to not address his medical issues. I made peace with him dying about 5 years before he did.

I’d suggest Pleiades does the same, and doesn’t avoid his dad because of COVID-19. You won’t get that time back, and chances are good he’s not going to live into his 80’s anyway.

As for being rude, guilty as charged, frankly as a society we need to harden the **** up and stop being a bunch of pussies ruled by feelings.

Nothing to fear aside from potential dain bramage.

As COVID-19 relentlessly infects more and more of us, scientists are getting a close look at the strange and frightening damage it can inflict on our bodies.

We've known since early in the pandemic this disease wreaks havoc on more than just the respiratory system, also causing gastrointestinal conditions, heart damage and blood clotting disorders.

https://www.sciencealert.com/autopsies-reveal-the-terrible-damage-coronavirus-can-inflict-on-your-brain

453747.png

As for being rude, guilty as charged, frankly as a society we need to harden the **** up and stop being a bunch of pussies ruled by feelings.

Fair enough then, to each their own. I prefer living in a society where people are considerate of others, including in the way they speak to one another.

Don’t be sorry for my loss, I loved my dad but he chose to not address his medical issues. I made peace with him dying about 5 years before he did.

I’d suggest Pleiades does the same, and doesn’t avoid his dad because of COVID-19. You won’t get that time back, and chances are good he’s not going to live into his 80’s anyway.

Well my dad is 63 and has some time left, assuming he doesn't get something that disproportionally kills people starting in his age and health demographics.

I've had to work 4-5 days per week since the start of the pandemic and have tried to minimize who I'm around for extended periods of time. Assuming my dad lives to 80, I've got 17 more years I can see him, likely another 16 won't have any global pandemics to worry about. Why take the risk now when he could potentially live longer by quite a substantial margin if I didn't see him this year?

Frankly, I think it's harmful to ask everybody to toughen up and just get on with life, nor do I think it's very healthy. I prefer to live in a society where the way people go about their lives lends credence to being accepting and polite to others as a way of life. Does that mean we can't poke fun at each other? No, but we should try to avoid going "your dad's gonna die eventually. Deal with it."

My dad was 69 years old. Like I said you don't get the time back, spend time with him if you can, make sure if you have kids that he gets to spend time with them. When my dad was 63 I though he'd have more time too, but he declined pretty rapidly the last 5 years or so.

OK, 15 years ago I might have agreed, now we’re way too PC and concerned about not hurting people’s feels.

Well I’m sick of people’s feelings.

You're sick of people's feelings, I'm sick of people who don't give a **** about how their actions or words affect others and think they have free reign to do or say whatever they want without consequence. The latter seems to have gotten considerably worse in the past 4 years :rolleyes: (Wednesday, anyone?)

But again, to each their own :)

Edited by derache123

You're sick of people's feelings, I'm sick of people who don't give a **** about how their actions or words affect others and think they have free reign to do or say whatever they want without consequence. The latter seems to have gotten considerably worse in the past 4 years :rolleyes: (Wednesday, anyone?)

But again, to each their own :)

I agree - I think a lot of people have seemingly lost the ability to have a civil discussion with folks that think differently than them -the anonymity that the internet provides has emboldened folks to the point that they can say whatever they want, however they want - seemingly with no consequences. Lots of folks have lost the ability to differentiate between opinions and facts/data - sort of the "if it's on the internet, it must be true" on steroids...

The topic of this thread is COVID-19. Please take the discussion of civility, or lack of same, to the PA.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The topic of this thread is COVID-19. Please take the discussion of civility, or lack of same, to the PA.
PM with questions regarding interest in the PA.

On topic, my Dad (74) is out of the hospital and recovering and Grandmother (94) is also recovering from their battle with Covid.

I may now make a trip down there once they are both free and clear. Have we ever gotten confirmation that you build enough antibodies from one exposure to assume you cannot be reinfected for XX amount of time? I know there were questions about this initially.

Have we ever gotten confirmation that you build enough antibodies from one exposure to assume you cannot be reinfected for XX amount of time? I know there were questions about this initially.

Recent statements from the CDC (I think) have indicated that there is sufficient evidence to believe that persons who have recovered from COVID-19 are immune to further infection for at least 10 to 11 months. There is insufficient data at this time to support or dispute the conclusion that immunity, whether from natural infection or from vaccination, lasts longer than that.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png