LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

Do people just get regular sick these days?

Asking for me.

Started feeling the early stages of (what is normally) a sinus infection last night and this morning.

Been raking leaves or anything lately? Ok ok I'll hide now, just wanted to ask that. I agree with what infosecdad said. I seem to be wicked susceptible to sinus infections, think I gots the same immune deficiency me mudda has. Mulch, dead leaves, and other random crap with mold and other fungus is no bueno.

Been raking leaves or anything lately? Ok ok I'll hide now, just wanted to ask that. I agree with what infosecdad said. I seem to be wicked susceptible to sinus infections, think I gots the same immune deficiency me mudda has. Mulch, dead leaves, and other random crap with mold and other fungus is no bueno.

I think Moisture is what wrecks mine. For the longest time I thought it was tree pollen now I'm pretty sure it's moisture. Whenever I'm in a dry climate, I have very little sinus issues.

Just last week I though I was getting regular sick but it was my sinuses acting up due to the rain. Been pretty clear this week, it's also been sunny and cold all week long.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

covid has been fake news since day one. Try to keep up

been following it since early january through ntd in focus news.

Live at night people would guess at what color tiffany was going to wear.

Already knew what china was doing to foreigners and their push to bring back communism in early to mid 2019. They were gearing up for the wufu virus war.

Kind of sad. I'll follow CDC guidelines all day long over an academic study, that being said, if I look at the Harvard Medical School for their guidance, they are recommending masking - so irrespective of how various internet people are interpreting their data, when they interpret it, they say mask up to slow/reduce spread - they state "Our findings suggest that a universal masking policy should be implemented and maintained in health care settings as well as within indoor businesses when physical distancing and ventilation may be inadequate", which seems pretty unambiguous, but I guess the internet knows best. Here's a recent link if you are so inclined to take a look (also links to papers, other researchers, etc.).

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/mask-slow-down-sars-cov-2-0

I think the internet folks (I won't point fingers or name names) interpret the thought that a small percentage might get past masks as "therefore they don't work" and that no one should wear them, when the data they claim to quote indicates the opposite, for that very same reason.

The vaccines being released are based on RNA vaccine technology - sort of interesting how they work. Here's a high level article from a few years back that explains what they are (they are a little different than the typical culture based vaccines)

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2015/rna-vaccines-a-novel-technology-to-prevent-and-treat-disease/

I finally got a flu shot, slept a bunch, now I'm feeling better. Can't wait for pfizer's zombie vaccine. Got a Boss Mustang on order and ready to haul azz through the city

Need somemmore info on the Mustang, but that's for another thread.

453747.png

My favorite comment from the first day of the vaccine release:

“I think all reasonable people — if they have the chance to put the noise aside and disregard all those terrible conspiracy theories — would look at this and say, ‘I want this for my family. I want it for myself’,” Collins told “Meet the Press.” “People are dying right now. How could you possibly say let’s wait and see if that might mean some terrible tragedy is gonna befall?”

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article247817855.html#storylink=cpy

went to the ford dealer to buy a Boss. They are sold out. Im bummed.

The Cadillac dealer next door has a couple Corvette engine'd sedans tho. I shudder to think about the costs of MT swap tho.

How about a Hellcat? (OK, I always think of the Grumman when I hear that)

453747.png

I'm not really a fan of undriveable horsepower. If 300hp is enough to break the rearend loose why do you need more? 400 is enough to hit 180mph. Been to that movie, skipped the sequel

Basically is it how much temptation can you put aside, cuz at some point you going to want to let loose those horses then flashing lights in your rearview

I'm not really a fan of undriveable horsepower. If 300hp is enough to break the rearend loose why do you need more? 400 is enough to hit 180mph. Been to that movie, skipped the sequel

The most fun thing I have had was actually a Yamaha XT500. Not that much power but a really fun and interesting ride.

453747.png

Bad logic there. The vaccine is to prevent you getting infected and potentially having a bad outcome as well as to prevent you spreading it whether you have bad case or not. And while it's extremely unlikely you don't have T-cells, you have no idea whether they are completely normal and/or whether they will function as designed against the virus, including dependent upon the viral load you may be exposed to.

Bad logic there. The vaccine is to prevent you getting infected and potentially having a bad outcome as well as to prevent you spreading it whether you have bad case or not. And while it's extremely unlikely you don't have T-cells, you have no idea whether they are completely normal and/or whether they will function as designed against the virus, including dependent upon the viral load you may be exposed to.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion (it's your body), here's mine: To me bad logic would be taking a rushed, unproven vaccine with equally unproven mRNA technology for a virus with a 99.8% recovery rate under the age of. 80

That's great that the Vaccines seem to be very effective (so far) against Covid-19, but I'm more interested in seeing if there's any long term negative side effects. Plus I'm not in a high risk category and have low exposure to the general public so I have no problem waiting and seeing.

As for the T-cells generated from any of the seven Corona family of viruses, preliminary results from tests conducted have been pretty positive so far. Sure, you'll still get ill but your recovery time should be faster and the symptoms milder.

I'm ok with taking my chances and betting on my immune system that's already been there and beaten that. I'll let others be the guinea pigs if they so choose.

Edited by DickDastardly00

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I haven't been reading much about this, but I do see headlines and such. I think I read that a couple people in the UK went into anaphylactic shock a few hours after they got the vaccine? That's a little nervewracking, for that to happen hours after you got it done. What are you supposed to do, stay near the dr's office/cvs/walgreens/wherever you get it done in case you need an epi pen? Also, I understand that they had strong allergies or something, but still.