LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT wagon AT top speed

Quick search tells me the usdm one runs out of gearing and doesn't seem to have issue with power or aerodynamics. One confirmed at 140mph and thoughts are with right gearing upwards of 175 mph.

It's electronically limited obviously. But beyond that your profile says Germany so I'm not sure if you have the 2.5l or 2.0l engine. Either way, sounds like gear ratios are the issue keeping you at a theoretical 160mph which is 257 kmph or whatever the abbreviation is.

Idk the math just did a quick forum search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All,

What top speed should a 2005 Legacy GT wagon with 5 speed automatic transmission be able to reach? Obviously without the 180km/h limit.

Thanks,

Magnus

In easy way - 235 km/h

But i think guys right - try it on Germany roads and tell us.

That's the point, I ran out of room last time and couldn't "finish" my run. GPS said 244km/h (152mph), but from 230 it took a good while.

I believe it might do 250 but not much more but Idk if that is enough for the engine (JDM 2.0).

But: the stock brakes in the LGT are astonishing...

CVLjQ2U.jpg

Yea the amount of power you need to overcome wind resistance is exponential. Or maybe logarithmic. Either way the point is that's why the 200 mph super cars have to have 1000hp. The air gets thick at speed.

My 99 civic would run out of power around 110 mph and you could tell that it was a wind resistance issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in theory the usdm cars were limited to 150mph. your tuner can remove that limitation.

In theory a 6mt will run nearly 200mph if you can rev high enough.

Sounds like you need to find a rabbit to block the wind while you get up-to speed. Still going to require tuning to remove limitations, as auto doesn't run to redline without it. ymmv

The reason it took so long after 230 is the ECU runs wastegate pressure only above a set MPH/KPH unless you have tuned your ECU to disable that.

Do you know which value that would be in the ecu? Looks like I need to make a log at higher speeds to confirm.

It's a table in open source called speed limitation if I recall correctly. Literally update the value from factory 130 (or whatever it is) to the new value you want. Reflash the map and voila, speed limitation is removed.

That's the point, I ran out of room last time and couldn't "finish" my run.

But: the stock brakes in the LGT are astonishing...

Do these two things have anything to do with each other? Lol.

I'll search for that one in the software, thank you!

Ever had to break from 240 down to 120 quite quickly? Most cars start feeling soft on the brake, the LGT doesn't. It stays very stable with almost no fading, excellent.

I'll search for that one in the software, thank you!

Ever had to break from 240 down to 120 quite quickly? Most cars start feeling soft on the brake, the LGT doesn't. It stays very stable with almost no fading, excellent.

240k to 120k? 150mph to 75mph? on stock lgt setup, you can do that about 9 times in 8 minutes before they get "soft". its worse when doing 200k to 70k tho, the fade is quicker to occur.

if you are doing runs like this often, you'll want to start doing more frequent brake bleeds. it only takes a couple high speed stops to burn your fluid.

looking forward to seeing your results tho